Dolphins Can Still Make Playoffs after Loss to Patriots | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Can Still Make Playoffs after Loss to Patriots

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
Yahoo Simulator shows Dolphins can still make playoffs even if losing to Patriots this weekend. See Below. Basically, the Bengals have to lose out. Is the scenario unrealistic? :ponder:

NFL 2014A.jpg

The Bengals aren't playing well right now. I think them losing out really depends on this Cleveland game this week. If they lose it and are swept by the Browns they will fall apart and lose it final 2 to Denver and at Pittsburgh.

Also if Pittsburgh were to lose to Falcons this weekend while Cincy loses to Browns it would create a situation where we win no matter who wins that final game with Cincy at Pitt.

Of course we have to win our last 2 which will be no easy test.

I rather the Dolphins win out and have some type of pride then having other teams help us.

I fiddled with it a bit and got another scenario where the Dolphins got the 6 seed at 9-7 playing in Indy, with Pittsburgh playing @Ravens in the other wildcard game. I suppose if the Bengals lose out it opens up a few scenarios for the 9-7 Dolphins, but it still doesn't look that great. I think the playoffs are a pipedream at this point.

Although, I am sure Charger fans were saying the same thing last year with 3 games to go.

If we beat the Pats at home, and I believe it's a huge mutha effin IF.. Then I'll believe we can still keep up with anyone, to finish the year, and in the playoffs. I repeat, A BIG "IF" tho..

When you have to have things happen for other teams in order to get in things rarely work out in your favor. The Phins have to play the rest of the schedule like they are playoff games.

I rather the Dolphins win out and have some type of pride then having other teams help us.

I'd rather my favorite team make the playoffs regardless. I dont know how you could have less pride based on a single win/loss

When you have to have things happen for other teams in order to get in things rarely work out in your favor. The Phins have to play the rest of the schedule like they are playoff games.

Last weekend's game was essentially a playoff game and you know what happened there.

The Bengals and the Chiefs have to lose out, and that aint happening.

It could play out almost exactly like last year with us needing to beat the Jets and needing the Chargers to beat the Chiefs. And if we lose to the Jets the Chargers would back in again.

It could play out almost exactly like last year with us needing to beat the Jets and needing the Chargers to beat the Chiefs. And if we lose to the Jets the Chargers would back in again.

That would be frustrating!

The Patriots are going to do their best to put a 50+ spot on the Dolphins this week just to prove a point - AND I'm sure they would be quite happy to do it all by handing the ball to Blount and not have Brady throw a single pass if they could.

Not saying beating the Patriots twice is a given or easy by any means - especially with how they are playing at the moment. Just saying that all is not lost if the Dolphins lose this week. Just being the optimistic Dolfan. There are scenarios out there still that would be the Dolphins in the number 2 seed.

Not sayin' it's likely....Just Sayin'

Yahoo Simulator shows Dolphins can still make playoffs even if losing to Patriots this weekend. See Below. Basically, the Bengals have to lose out. Is the scenario unrealistic? :ponder:

View attachment 13888
Or we can just beat them and make the playoffs with a glimmer of hope to actually beat them when we go there for game 1 of the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom