Dolphins can’t pass on Baker Mayfield | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins can’t pass on Baker Mayfield

No need to trade up, there will be an impactful player available at 11, maybe even a surprise(cue the bong video)

One year I wanted Luke Kuechly and Nick Foles. Miami took Ryan Tannehill and Jonathan Martin.

As for the Mayfield comps, Brees and Wilson both had much bigger arms coming out.

I'll probably get it wrong but Baker looks like NFL over-hyped dramatic mediocrity.

Sounds like Miami at #11

So much of the process is still ahead of us. The combine and workouts. The interviews. The overanalasis of everyone. At this point i am not looking for a qb with 11 but that can change.

no thanks on Mayfield. Rosen and Lamar are the top 2 QBs. Allen is probably 3rd. I want Lamar Jackson

It's a pipe dream to think that this team is going to take a QB in the first round as Gase is all in on Tannehill. That being said I wouldn't be too upset with a QB being taken at #11, but I don't want that QB to be Mayfield or Jackson.

I would just like to see another significant iron get put into the fire, one that I genuinely like and can get behind.

Whether that be acquiring Teddy Bridgewater via free agency, or drafting someone like Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, or Allen, it doesn't matter too much to me. I could also get behind Lamar Jackson or Riley Ferguson.

This 100%. I just need to be exited about a move by my Dolphins.

no thanks on Mayfield. Rosen and Lamar are the top 2 QBs. Allen is probably 3rd. I want Lamar Jackson
No thanks on Lamar unless it's with one of our 4rth rounders. I think Baker could be special. Guy has the drive for greatness

If they believe Tannehill is healthy, it would be crazy to use a 1st round on a QB, considering how many other positions are far more vital right now, like
O-Guard...Passrusher...LB...TE...FS...WR (if Landry walks)...powerback...

I am sure they will fix a few of these in FA, but still to much of a luxury pick to use a 1st round on a QB. If a quality QB is still there late in the 2nd or 3rd, why not, but absolutely not 1st unless as Albert said, Gase decided he love the QB way to much to let pass.

One year I wanted Luke Kuechly and Nick Foles. Miami took Ryan Tannehill and Jonathan Martin.

As for the Mayfield comps, Brees and Wilson both had much bigger arms coming out.

I'll probably get it wrong but Baker looks like NFL over-hyped dramatic mediocrity.

Sounds like Miami at #11

Mayfield has a better arm strength than Brees did coming out of college. Brees was more accurate. And I don't think Wilson's arm is far superior to Mayfield. Mayfield had a sneaky good arm and his arm strength is being downplayed. Combine should show his adequate arm strength.

The only thing I would add that hasn't been mentioned is that Miami has been stuck in neutral for so long the team needs to do something to jump start the team.

If they see Mayfield as an upgrade over Tannehill and potentially and elite quarterback then that's a move that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom