dolphins chances | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

dolphins chances

VILMA51

Practice Squad
Reaction score
new to the board, just wondering what you think your chances are of doing anything this year.

you guys still have a great D, but no offensive line, or O(besides chambers).

by the way, i'm a huge jets fan, did you guys notice that they signed kendall?

dont know much about him, but from what i've heard, you guys could have definitely used him.:tongue:

just wondering.

I think it will be a (defensive) battle for us to win most every game, but it usually has been. All we do can do as dolphans is relish in the fact that we did not have D Boston before and made the playoffs 2x with Wanne before Ricky got here.

I think we are saving our cap $$$ for some combination of OGun and/or a D Boston and Ricky replacement/fill-in, i.e. Antonio Freeman. So signing Kendall to be play RG w/not make that much sense for us

P.S. :welcome: a-board and nice 1st post

Why would a jet fan come on here to talk with allot of dolphin fans to find out how we feel about our chances. Why don't you just go watch ESPN and they'll tell you what jets fans want to hear about the dolphins chances.

dolphan39 said:
I think it will be a (defensive) battle for us to win most every game, but it usually has been. All we do can do as dolphans is relish in the fact that we did not have D Boston before and made the playoffs 2x with Wanne before Ricky got here.

I think we are saving our cap $$$ for some combination of OGun and/or a D Boston and Ricky replacement/fill-in, i.e. Antonio Freeman. So signing Kendall to be play RG w/not make that much sense for us

P.S. :welcome: a-board and nice 1st post

Agreed, but I think Kendall could have solidified our RG position. That would mean an interior of James\Mckinney\Kendall, that wouldn't have made me cry.

McIntosh is the key to this line, it allows us to put St. Clair at RG, which I think in the long run would be our best move, I don't think he's the long term solution to our RT position, but he may play better there than playing LT in St. Louis. McIntosh may also be the reason we weren't willing to pay Kendall too much money. Carey will have to get on board and get on board fast. If he developes, then I see us using a combo of Wade, James, Mckinney, McIntosh, Carey as the starting OL at some point. Then St. Clair, Yates, German or Whitney as backups. This combo may be our best OL option. The sooner McIntosh's injury is resolved the quicker the staff can plan their long term strategy.

To bring up an old Dave Winfield quote: "Our chances are Slim. And he just left town on a bus!"
seriously, this offseason has been a disaster, I'm an optimist and even I think that now. I still am excited to watch the games this season, whether it turns out to be an exciting surprise, or even if we are relegated to playing spoilers at the end of the year -wouldn't it be great if we could knock the Pats out of play-off contention like they did to us in 2003? THAT would just about make my year at this point!

Hi Guys,

Im still excited too, i think we can win many games this year, and using a little of "God Lucky" (not happen this year yet) and we can do a 10 - 6 season.

The schedulle is relative easy, and the divisional games is the most important to make a good season. If we win they first 3 games, we can do the post season.... believe in me :D

- sorry my poor english :confused:

god bless us!!!!

[]´s

I think we are saving our cap $$$ for some combination of OGun and/or a D Boston and Ricky replacement/fill-in, i.e. Antonio Freeman.

i dont think i would consider freeman a replacement for boston, but more of a fill in for the season.

just keep your fingers crossed that a good reciever gets cut sometime in the next couple of weeks.

unfortunately for you guys, i think you will have 2nd string RB's starting all season until you find a replacement for ricky next offseason.

Welcome to the board.

First off, having watched Kendall here in AZ, the last thing we needed was another injury prone lineman. He hasn't finished a full season in 3 years. Yes, he would have added depth, but he was asking for a starter's salary. No offensive line? Where are you getting your inside information? I haven't seen them play a single game yet, so I fail to see how they can be judged already. I do know that it can't be any worse then last years OL.

Our running back situation is going to be a RBBC. If anything, I think it will make things far more unpredictable than the past two years of run Ricky, run Ricky, run Ricky, etc. RBBC has proven successful in several other programs with less talented (IMO of course) RB's. We won before Ricky, we'll win after him too. Especially with a defense that is actually improved over last year. If we resign O-gun, I pity the fool that underestimates this team.

Back
Top Bottom