Dolphins claim CB Trill Williams off waivers from Saints | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins claim CB Trill Williams off waivers from Saints

Can someone help me out? This is the first year Ive been interested in every aspect of team building and such. Was he just drafted by the Saints? Can't find any NFL info on him.

Thanks in advance.

Can someone help me out? This is the first year Ive been interested in every aspect of team building and such. Was he just drafted by the Saints? Can't find any NFL info on him.

Thanks in advance.
UDFA.

The pre-draft press generally thought he would be drafted, even though he was coming off surgery. If healthy, he was probably a 5th round pick.

Everything that I read said that he was probably too stiff to play CB, and would be used as a third safety or maybe become a starter in 2 years.

He's a project with upside.

UDFA.

The pre-draft press generally thought he would be drafted, even though he was coming off surgery. If healthy, he was probably a 5th round pick.

Everything that I read said that he was probably too stiff to play CB, and would be used as a third safety or maybe become a starter in 2 years.

He's a project with upside.
And all of his pre injury testing shows him to be more athletic than he showed at his pro day. He even said he knew the injury hurt his stock and felt he had to participate in his pro day. Petty clear now he prob wasn't fully recovered.

He apparently had a laser timed 4.34 and and a 40 inch vertical at Syracuse. Regardless of how accurate that number is he was always considered a ~4.4 guy and made Bruce Feldman's Athletic Freaks list this year.

At his pro day, those numbers were 4.59 and 36 inches. Pretty underwhelming. He did bench 20 times, so if he had performed as expected regarding speed and jumping ability, he would have been deserving of the freak label as a 6'2" DB.

So is he still recovering? The "failed physical" doesn't even clarify if it had to do with his ankle injury.

He is a project either way, but one I'm glad to take on as a UDFA into camp. I know we have a million DB's, but after cutting McCain, we really only have 3 reliable safeties.

Last edited:
so we're at 18 DBs now...lets go for 20

That's not too bad actually... we'll probably roster 10 of them, with another 3 (or so) on the practice squad.

And all of his pre injury testing shows him to be more athletic than he showed at his pro day. He even said he knew the injury hurt his stock and felt he had to participate in his pro day. Petty clear now he prob wasn't fully recovered.

He apparently had a laser timed 4.34 at and and a 40 inch vertical at Syracuse. Regardless of how accurate that number is he was always considered a ~4.4 guy and made Bruce Feldman's Athletic Freaks list this year.

At his pro day, those numbers were 4.59 and 36 inches. Pretty underwhelming. He did bench 20 times, so if he had performed as expected regarding speed and jumping ability, he would have been deserving of the freak label as a 6'2" DB.

So is he still recovering? The "failed physical" doesn't even clarify if it had to do with his ankle injury.

He is a project either way, but one I'm glad to take on as a UDFA into camp. I know we have a million DB's, but after cutting McCain, we really only have 3 reliable safeties.
Well... the Saints decided that he was too injured to keep, so we've got a wide open window to decide that he's too injured to play, and therefore hide him on the PUP or IR lists... Keep him in meetings and class all year and maybe use him at the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom