Dolphins claim CB Trill Williams off waivers from Saints | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins claim CB Trill Williams off waivers from Saints

Shows up in the biggest moments. The best of the best do this constantly. He also had an interception vs Trevor Lawrence and almost returned it to the house.
Exciting to hear.

He'll play safety for us I suspect. I think our safeties will be Holland, Rowe, Brandon Jones, McCourty, and T. Williams.

That's a really amazing group of cover Safeties.

I dont want to put too much emphasis into an UDFA waiver wire pick up, but if he did potentiall have day 2 talk before injury, if he can be healthy for 2022, you have to potentially think your safeties could be brandon Jones, Holland, and Trill as the 3rd deep. Trill takes Rowes spot and frees up 5 mil.

Im just really hoping someone plays lights out in preseason on special teams so we can free up Fejs spot
I'd agree with all of this... It's clearly the plan. Now the players just have to play well enough to make it happen.

Love the pickup. Kid has minimum 2nd day draft skill set with really good size. Could be another steal for a couple of years. I love how they do a great job of churning the bottom of the roster. Best we’ve had in a long time at doing that, and maybe ever!

I think that would be Brandon Jones for now.

Ppl have to realize, most of the guys we bring in are not making the roster.

2 years ago it was a different story with guys like Needham, etc.
But Needham is still our starting slot corner. Who's to say his job is safe?

But Needham is still our starting slot corner. Who's to say his job is safe?
My point there was that on a deeper roster, like we have now, it will be much harder for these fringe guys to make the cut.

Needham's starting spot may indeed be in jeapordy.

My point there was that on a deeper roster, like we have now, it will be much harder for these fringe guys to make the cut.

Needham's starting spot may indeed be in jeapordy.
I agree. The article I read before the draft theorizing Miami was looking at CB; talked about, how unhappy the coaches were with the coverage and yards given up last year. Coleman at one time was considered the top slot CB in the league, or one of the top guys. Non the less. They've made a huge effort in trying to upgrade.

Last edited:
Trill is here to beat out Jamal Perry... Nate Holly... guys like that.

If he can knock off a bottom of the roster player, then he can begin to climb to ladder.

Back
Top Bottom