Dolphins claim DE Cliffton Geathers & OT John Reitz | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins claim DE Cliffton Geathers & OT John Reitz

I'm too disappointed at our loses to be excited about this.

Geathers intrigued me in the draft process. Can't say I know anything about Reitz.

Still waiting to see if we get a tight end. Are they that impressed with nalbone to go with only two tight ends on the roster.

Parnell had been switched to TE with the Saints. He will be a TE for the Dolphins.

So we took a lineman converted to a TE over David Martin....hmmmm....makes perfect sense! I'm beginning to see the light! :(

lol Why are some of ya'll complaining as if you have any clue how these guys are going to pan out. Let the situation play out. Let a few games play out atleast. Geez.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1767348

Biography:

Named All-State as an offensive lineman after his junior year, and added 100 tackles with 4 sacks on the defensive side of the ball. Geathers has a family history of players making it in the NFL. Brother Robert played at Georgia and is a defensive end with the Cincinatti Bengals. His father, Robert Geathers Sr., played for six seasons with the Buffalo Bills and his uncle, Jumpy Geathers, is a former NFL pass-rushing star who played for the New Orleans Saints, Washington Redskins, Atlanta Falcons and Denver Broncos

Scouting Report:

Huge player with a frame only to get bigger. Looks small under 300 pounds, moves quickly, and dominates players his size. Has some trouble with smaller players having to bend to their level, but potential with Geathers is unlimited.

I'm extremely excited about the Geathers claim. I liked his potential during draft time as a low round pick. The others....meh.

I have to agree about Geathers, I really like that move. Reitz comes from Baltimore, where he has stuck around on the practice squad, which says something positive about the guy... Ozzie Newsome is a pretty savvy personnel guy and they seem to develop young offensive linemen pretty well. Parnell as a 3rd TE makes a bit of sense, but will he be ready to be active on gameday immediately? Not sure we needed to add Rose to the active roster, but for all we know, he could be replaced by a CB by tomorrow... The bottom of the roster is always a fluid situation with this regime. All in all, I am slightly surprised that both Douglas and Grant were cut, but it is quite apparent that this regime is always going to pick the younger player over the veteran. Hey, it's worked for the Patriots, why not us?

Joe Reitz checks in for the latest edition of the exclusive rookie blog. by BaltimoreRavens.com
Aug 21, 2008, 1:36PM

I began as a tight end here, but then they moved me to tackle. I’ve still played tight end on some goal line sets, but they mostly have me at tackle now. I like that the coaches feel comfortable using me at different spots. The more versatile you are, the more marketable you are. It’s just the truth. Wherever they tell me to play, I’m excited to do it, because I want every chance to learn.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2008/08/Hey_Rookie_-_Joe_Reitz.aspx

Baltimore Ravens' Joe Reitz gets rejected by the crossbar in TD celebration [HQ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUngBp9W22c

Back
Top Bottom