Dolphins claim Mack Hollins, sign Evan Brown off Giants’ practice squad | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins claim Mack Hollins, sign Evan Brown off Giants’ practice squad

Don't be so absolute.

Give the practice squad center the 7% chance he has to stick!

It's the strangest attempt at swiping at the FO i've ever seen.
Of course, you're always going to be active trying to find that acorn.
Clearly, you're going to miss a lot those guys are usually bottom of the barrel for a reason.
A smart FO brings these guys in to see if it's a coaching issue or these guys don't have enough talent to stick.

I don't understand the jab attempt. Especially when this FO have been able to find CFL and UDFA stars in the past..

Clearly, you're going to miss a lot those guys are usually bottom of the barrel for a reason.
A smart FO brings these guys in to see if it's a coaching issue or these guys don't have enough talent to stick.

I don't understand the jab attempt. Especially when this FO have been able to find CFL and UDFA stars in the past..
Me either. Young players that demonstrate the attitude and attributes you like are always worth bringing in.

nothing to lose here. Mostly they needed two players for the two they let go. At least they're not bring in older players with injury history like in the past. If they develop then great and if they don't so what.

Exactly the type of kid we should be giving a shot. Let's take a flyer on some of these kids who haven't put it together but have talent. Wish we were finding RBs like this, not Zach Zenner.

Mack Hollins is a FANTASTIC special teams player. He will help us right away. He’s a stretch the field WR, something we lost when Still was traded. He has a chance to make the team next yr on Sp teams. Was originally a walk on at UNC so don’t underestimate the kid

I can see us using the last part of the season poaching a couple PS guys each week just to see what's out there. Finding room on our 53 isn't difficult.

Mack Hollins is a FANTASTIC special teams player. He will help us right away. He’s a stretch the field WR, something we lost when Still was traded. He has a chance to make the team next yr on Sp teams. Was originally a walk on at UNC so don’t underestimate the kid

Both new wrs Hollins and Davis are ecent special teams players with decent speed. Davis has extra value as a returner, however Hollins had a few nice returns at UNC too. Keeping with the theme Zach Zenner is a good special teamer too.

I would hope we have eyes and ears on all teams' practice squads. That way we are ready when opportunities present themselves. And not just because we need help now, but also because it is SOP by any thorough scouting staff. How they get that done, I don't know. But GM ATL_PHIN_FAN would find a way; within the rules, ofc! :wink

I would hope we have eyes and ears on all teams' practice squads. That way we are ready when opportunities present themselves. And not just because we need help now, but also because it is SOP by any thorough scouting staff. How they get that done, I don't know. But GM ATL_PHIN_FAN would find a way; within the rules, ofc! :wink

I would go a step further and say because of our current make-up we provide the best opportunity to try guys out.
If you're on an establish team like the Patriots, Hawks etc with proven commodities then where is a PS, FA going to get an opportunity to showcase?
No where on that squad.

But here you could be signed today and play on sunday(I believe that's happened in the secondary a few times).
IMO, increasing the chances that you could find someone that could stick.

I would go a step further and say because of our current make-up we provide the best opportunity to try guys out.
If you're on an establish team like the Patriots, Hawks etc with proven commodities then where is a PS, FA going to get an opportunity to showcase?
No where on that squad.

But here you could be signed today and play on sunday(I believe that's happened in the secondary a few times).
IMO, increasing the chances that you could find someone that could stick.

Yeah, that is one advantage we may have, at least. The NFL is supposed to be about parity for better competition around the league. This is one way that does help contribute to that notion.

Back
Top Bottom