Dolphins claim WR Gary Jennings | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins claim WR Gary Jennings

Route running is not his issue. Not sure where that came from. I've seen Every one of his games

besides the article I posted earlier-I will say if you have watched all his games etc you probably have a bet feel for the player, was just trying to pass along into for people not familiar with the player

Route Running – Jennings’ role in the offense changed between his junior and senior year, as he was asked to stretch the field more in 2018. Jennings showed excellent traits as a deep target, evidenced by his strong yards per catch rate. Vertical cuts are seamless, though he can struggle a bit more with horizontal breaks.

Overview
Possession receiver with impressive combination of size, speed and contested catch toughness. Jennings was one of the fastest players at the Senior Bowl, according to Zebra Technology tracking, and his 4.42 combine time and huge numbers in explosive testing are sure to push him up draft boards. He needs to play faster and sharpen his routes to become more than a traits-based backup.

besides the article I posted earlier-I will say if you have watched all his games etc you probably have a bet feel for the player, was just trying to pass along into for people not familiar with the player

Route Running – Jennings’ role in the offense changed between his junior and senior year, as he was asked to stretch the field more in 2018. Jennings showed excellent traits as a deep target, evidenced by his strong yards per catch rate. Vertical cuts are seamless, though he can struggle a bit more with horizontal breaks.

Overview
Possession receiver with impressive combination of size, speed and contested catch toughness. Jennings was one of the fastest players at the Senior Bowl, according to Zebra Technology tracking, and his 4.42 combine time and huge numbers in explosive testing are sure to push him up draft boards. He needs to play faster and sharpen his routes to become more than a traits-based backup.

I completely appreciate your research. Also thank you for understanding a true take on someone who isn't bs ing. I'm a loser wvu grad. Gold alum who sadly hasn't missed a WVU game since the 90s. I openly admit some bias. But will be able to honestly say without blinking, he does not have route running issues. I really believe he is someone who was pegged as a system guy in a big 12 offense. He has not been properly developed. Seriously he can be 2x Preston w. And I want PW on our team for years to come.

I completely appreciate your research. Also thank you for understanding a true take on someone who isn't bs ing. I'm a loser wvu grad. Gold alum who sadly hasn't missed a WVU game since the 90s. I openly admit some bias. But will be able to honestly say without blinking, he does not have route running issues. I really believe he is someone who was pegged as a system guy in a big 12 offense. He has not been properly developed. Seriously he can be 2x Preston w. And I want PW on our team for years to come.

I wondered if anything that happened in Seattle- came across this article from beat writer... one part of it.. probably a young guy happy to get a new start elsewhere.

Jennings had a hamstring injury during organized team activities in June. That set him back through the start of training camp. The injury pushed Jennings further behind fellow rookie wide receiver DK Metcalf. Rookie seventh-round pick John Ursua as a slot receiver also moved ahead of Jennings throughout camp.

In mid-August, the 6-foot-1, 216-pound Jennings, whom West Virginia often used as a big slot receiver with 4.4-second speed in the 40-yard dash, finally made a couple of nice catches in practice.

Jennings hasn’t been heard from since. More to the point: the only time he was heard from since was two bad penalties he had in consecutive preseason games in August. He was somewhat of a surprise to make the 53-man roster for the start of the regular season. He has been inactive for all nine of Seattle’s games this season.

The Seahawks appeared to waive Jennings in late September. He missed a practice before the game against Arizona. But because the team did not put the move into the league until the next day, it changed its mind and kept Jennings.

Read more here: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article237088999.html#storylink=cpy

I wondered if anything that happened in Seattle- came across this article from beat writer... one part of it.. probably a young guy happy to get a new start elsewhere.

Jennings had a hamstring injury during organized team activities in June. That set him back through the start of training camp. The injury pushed Jennings further behind fellow rookie wide receiver DK Metcalf. Rookie seventh-round pick John Ursua as a slot receiver also moved ahead of Jennings throughout camp.

In mid-August, the 6-foot-1, 216-pound Jennings, whom West Virginia often used as a big slot receiver with 4.4-second speed in the 40-yard dash, finally made a couple of nice catches in practice.

Jennings hasn’t been heard from since. More to the point: the only time he was heard from since was two bad penalties he had in consecutive preseason games in August. He was somewhat of a surprise to make the 53-man roster for the start of the regular season. He has been inactive for all nine of Seattle’s games this season.

The Seahawks appeared to waive Jennings in late September. He missed a practice before the game against Arizona. But because the team did not put the move into the league until the next day, it changed its mind and kept Jennings.

Read more here: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nfl/seattle-seahawks/article237088999.html#storylink=cpy
Insider info :) he played hurt his whole senior season. He never really had time to recover. His hammy def held him up in Seattle. When healthy I have no doubt he is any teams #2.
Im truly excited about this one. He was on my fins board. Come on GJ, don't make me look stupid!!

I hope you’re right Scotty! Another wr gem would be great. Even if he’s not a star, it’s like we had an extra 4th round pick last year and get to develop a rookie wr

Imagine if he and Preston Williams both become reliable targets. Parker has been okay. Draft a guy this year and once Parker (and Wilson) are ready to move on we have our new wr corps already looking good

I hope you’re right Scotty! Another wr gem would be great. Even if he’s not a star, it’s like we had an extra 4th round pick last year and get to develop a rookie wr

Imagine if he and Preston Williams both become reliable targets. Parker has been okay. Draft a guy this year and once Parker (and Wilson) are ready to move on we have our new wr corps already looking good
He's Isaiah Ford, but good!

I truly believe you understand. Comping him to a 4th is super intelligent. And a free one at that. You Understand! Now let us watch him develop w Flo. If we continue on our path and he does on my projections ...we are in for a treat

I truly believe you understand. Comping him to a 4th is super intelligent. And a free one at that. You Understand! Now let us watch him develop w Flo. If we continue on our path and he does on my projections ...we are in for a treat
Karl Dorrell for president!

Back
Top Bottom