Dolphins claim WR Gary Jennings | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins claim WR Gary Jennings

Greg Jennings is not his father. His name is Gary Jennings Jr.
giphy.gif

I posted a video of him and I saw no problems running his routes

WVU runs a very simple route tree. Ut Jennings has potential. Worth a flyer for sure. Just cause things dont work at one place doesnt mean it cant work elsewhere. Different systems have different responsibilities. And he does add something we lack right now... speed

I would really like to know why he was released ...something's usually suspicious when a team cuts a 4th rounder the same year he was drafted
They had just claimed Josh Gordon off waivers. Probably a roster move.

Don't be surprised to see him returning punts also.

I have no problem with them actually attempting to get a punt returner with experience, instead of what we have seen around here.

Marcus Sherels, the DB we signed the other day... he has returned punts before.
I suspect that's why he was signed.

I have no problem with them actually attempting to get a punt returner with experience, instead of what we have seen around here.

32 year old CB Marcus Sherels, Active just three times, he was averaging an anemic 5.5 yards per return after that number was an elite 12.0 in 2018. (maybe a dolphin fill in for one season)

He has five punt returns for touchdowns in his 10 NFL seasons, a total that ranks second among active players. The only player with more is Darren Sproles of the Philadelphia Eagles with seven.
Additionally, Sherels is third in punt return yards with 2,480, trailing only Sproles (2,961) and former Dolphins Ted Ginn Jr.

Yup, one these guys should at least look the part of a punt return hopefully- including good judgment on when and when not field one.

It's a can't lose pickup, if he never amounts to anything, no problem, but if he can grow, and become showbthe skills he had in college... that's another receiver to compete for our new better roster next year.

Back
Top Bottom