Dolphins | Closely Watching Wright | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins | Closely Watching Wright

allred65

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I'm sure that this has been posted somewhere and I just missed it. Merge it if need be.

Published Sun Jun 5 11:07:00 a.m. ET 2005
(KFFL) Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are closely studying DT Manuel Wright (USC), who will be eligible for the supplemental draft to be held by early July. He is considered a third- or fourth-round pick. The Dolphins remain concerned with their defensive tackle position.

I might take a shot at this guy at the top of the third round. I would definately take him at the top of the fourth (assuming we "win" the weighted lottery for the top picks)

Anybody think some team might take a shot at him with a late second?

6'6" 320 ..4.8

3rd maybe....4th no question.

This guy could become a dominating force.

I hope that we can get this guy. We need a good young DT and i believe that Wright can be our NT. The highest i would be willing to give up for him would be a 3rd.

I would give up a 4th in no time to grab him. I think someone will take him in the 3rd though.

It would an awesome if we could nab Manuel Wright in the 4th, but I don't see it happening. I doubt anyone would take a shot at him with a late second, but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised. We're in desperate need of a future DT and it would be so great if we could get Wright (especially with a 4th but just wishful thinking). I'm thinking maybe we should take a shot at Wright with a 3rd.

6'6" 320lbs 4.8............. Very impressive.

I wouldnt take him with a 3rd but a 4th yes...

But in my opinion he isnt the best player in this supplemental draft...the best is Roscoe Crosby from Clemson, WR 6''2 210 lbs. and a 4.4 40 hes very good. Could be the first player selected in the draft and maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick

I think someone will go a 2nd for Wright, teams fall in love with guys.

Can teams draft multiple players in the supplemental? Would a team offer a 2nd or 3rd for Roscoe and then a 3rd or 4th for Wright?Does anyone know how they count in the slotting system? I know they count against this year's rookie pool, but at what spot?

Bill C said:
Can teams draft multiple players in the supplemental? Would a team offer a 2nd or 3rd for Roscoe and then a 3rd or 4th for Wright?Does anyone know how they count in the slotting system? I know they count against this year's rookie pool, but at what spot?

I do believe that you can draft more then one player. I doubt a team would give up 2 draft picks though.

Bill C said:

Slotting system is done lottery style, with 3 tiers....one for 6 win teams, one for 6+ w/o playoff berths, one for playoff berth teams. And it does count against this year's rookie pool.

Back
Top Bottom