Dolphins Coach Adam Gase Pleased With 2018 Nfl Draft Class So Far | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Coach Adam Gase Pleased With 2018 Nfl Draft Class So Far

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
20180511-dolphins-rookies-0151.jpg

“That whole group, I like the way those guys are working,” he said. “I see them studying, especially here. It seems like they’re not quick to run over to the hotel. Guys are sticking around, whether it’s working out or staying in their meeting rooms and working on their own or working with somebody else or grabbing a veteran.

“I like the way this group is working and they’re trying to — They are playing a little bit of catch up. They’re lacking experience in this league. I think these guys are really pushing themselves to try to make sure mentally, especially this offseason, to catch up as much as they possibly can before training camp.”

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ase-pleased-with-2018-nfl-draft-class-so-far/

everything sounds good so far. Can't wait for TC and pre season games just to see what kind of progress the team is making.

Too bad for them, Oregon is beautiful this of year. Nothing says team like a swoosh.

How long have we been saying that everything the Patriots do is the right way to do things? Well, maybe not as often or as long as the media, but still … we say it a lot. Belichick gets a group of people who study hard and are precise to run a precision-based system, and then just uses the mantra "do your job." Now we're amassing guys who study hard and work on being precise. Seems like a prudent approach. I'm quite impressed that we're able to get those traits in people that are also proven production football players and sensational athletes.

Almost always we need to choose 2 out of the 3, but Grier and company have been getting trifectas. In free agency they found proven production guys with tremendous physical traits who were also hard working perfectionists and came at a reasonable cap number like Albert Wilson, Danny Amendola and Akeem Spence. In the draft we got trifectas like Minkah Fitzpatrick and Mike Gesicki. Then we managed to get prototypical new-age LB's with tremendous speed and 6'1 size like Jerome Baker and Quentin Poling. We brought in a 6'2 230 pound RB who runs 4.4 and can pass protect and catch. We may have found another solid CB. The entire draft class looks to be a good collection of talent with a nice blend of production and measurables.

Call it a culture change if you like, but Grier seems to be adding coachable talent with a lot of potential. I don't see that as fluff.

I think Gase is being overlooked by many outsiders. When we talk about the talent we have, i feel like it starts with him. I am eager to see Adam Gase the veteran head coach.

He was supposed to settle into his job year 2 after a roller coaster rookie season. He was done no favors. ZERO.

He never wavered last season.

This year, it's on. Its not just RT chomping at the bit to remind people what they can do.

There isn't a single season since the late 90s i was this confident in my HC/QB tandem.

What's different this year? If you don't know the playbook you don't play. Last year Gase ripped his assistant coaches for not preparing the players well.

Could it be that the coaches are stressing the playbook knowing their jobs depend on it.

Or possibly the draft measurables emphasized coachability and hard work

So many new or rusty parts that this team must have functioning asap for us to have a successful season this must happen first. Forget the talent etc of the players for a moment its the preperation thats a priority which circles back to the coaches. Holding my breath and hoping.

It all sounds good right now. On paper, this team should be no worse than last year's 6-10 mark. Gase needs to get these guys to buy in, like in '16. He's got the roster he wants. It's on him now.

How long have we been saying that everything the Patriots do is the right way to do things? Well, maybe not as often or as long as the media, but still … we say it a lot. Belichick gets a group of people who study hard and are precise to run a precision-based system, and then just uses the mantra "do your job." Now we're amassing guys who study hard and work on being precise. Seems like a prudent approach. I'm quite impressed that we're able to get those traits in people that are also proven production football players and sensational athletes.

Almost always we need to choose 2 out of the 3, but Grier and company have been getting trifectas. In free agency they found proven production guys with tremendous physical traits who were also hard working perfectionists and came at a reasonable cap number like Albert Wilson, Danny Amendola and Akeem Spence. In the draft we got trifectas like Minkah Fitzpatrick and Mike Gesicki. Then we managed to get prototypical new-age LB's with tremendous speed and 6'1 size like Jerome Baker and Quentin Poling. We brought in a 6'2 230 pound RB who runs 4.4 and can pass protect and catch. We may have found another solid CB. The entire draft class looks to be a good collection of talent with a nice blend of production and measurables.

Call it a culture change if you like, but Grier seems to be adding coachable talent with a lot of potential. I don't see that as fluff.

It's definitely happening.

Some of us have been calling for this kind of talent analysis and acquisition for years. It's finally happening though, thankfully.

It's gonna show up on the field (sooner than some people think) -- just as long as there is reasonable health.

LD

Another lead up to training camp brimming with optimism.
Why not?
I like the new talent and the proven vets that were added.
It all hinges on RT playing well.

Back
Top Bottom