Dolphins Coach Adam Gase Says Kenyan Drake Is ‘really Looking To Bust Out’ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Coach Adam Gase Says Kenyan Drake Is ‘really Looking To Bust Out’

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Kenyan-Drake-e1526337897866.jpg

In the second half of the 2017 NFL season, Miami Dolphins running back Kenyan Drake burst onto to the scene as one of the more intriguing young talents at his position. It has created a tremendous amount of optimism around what could lie ahead of him with the starting job looking to be his to lose this offseason.
Head coach Adam Gase has jumped aboard the momentum that has generated by stating that he believes Drake is on his way toward a breakout campaign in 2018, according to Jason Lieser of The Palm Beach Post.

“I think we just have a guy that’s really looking to bust out,” he said today.

https://clutchpoints.com/dolphins-news-adam-gase-says-kenyan-drake-is-really-looking-to-bust-out/

Gase says all the right things about Drake, but I get the feeling that he doesn't trust him as the feature back for this team for an entire season.....

You have the talent dude just stay healthy.

Gase says all the right things about Drake, but I get the feeling that he doesn't trust him as the feature back for this team for an entire season.....

I disagree.

I don't think Gase's ideal philosophy relies on one bellcow running back.

I think Gase has complete confidence (maybe too much) in Drake in the role he envisions for him.

Drake wanted to get a little bigger. Recently he said he muscled up to 216. Note sure if he wants to weigh around 220 or what. He's 6'1" so 220 would be a good weight.

btw, why is the article talking about Williams when he's not on the team anymore?

Leading the league in rushing the last 1/3 of the season felt like a bust out to me.

Sources Tell Us
"He's a player who you have to have a plan for because he's not an every-down back and he's too lean to be in around the goal line. I see him as a third down back with special teams qualities and those guys get drafted in the fifth or later." -- NFC West scout
NFL Comparison
Charles Sims
Bottom Line
Drake became the forgotten running back with Derrick Henry's Heisman-winning season, but he has good size, quick feet and can catch the football. Drake's draft stock could depend on whether or not teams envision him as a quality backup who could become part of a committee approach. Drake's physical traits and special-teams ability could make him a good value selection early in the third day (Rounds 4-7).

people have been doubting his ability to be a feature back since he was drafted. that was nfl.coms draft profile, and when he was drafted I remember saying he was picked too high, he can only be a part time player getting some of the snaps. I don't think that he wasn't seeing the field as much as his talent should've allowed because he was an injury risk, or because he couldn't handle the load, but because he wasn't able to do everything Gase wanted during his rookie year. you're not going to see the field on 3rd down if you're not pass protecting. I'm sure no one on the coaching staff thought that Williams was more physically gifted than drake, he just did everything asked. I think last training camp Gase said that Drake was showing more, and he was correct. so im sure he's correct this time.
Like circumstances mentioned, Gase mentality is not a cowbell back type. I've mentioned in previous post I look to see about a 55/35/10 split with the 3 RB's even though I'd love to see drake more in the 65% or better range. the end of last season was the first time that Drake was given the opportunity to be the stud back probably since high school. If Drake would've went to a college where he was the feature back, whos to say he wouldn't been a first round talent. the ability is there, now he just needs to show he can be the man throughout the course of the season. He's never given us a reason to not have faith in him, I'm not going to start now just cause he's never went into a season with the starter role and the thoughts of being the man

How good is Kenyan Drake?

Good enough to close the talent gap between Tom Brady and Jay Cutler.

Tannehill will have to prove (again) that he can hurt defenses that will be geared toward stopping Drake. They will key in on him and look to shut him down early.

I think Drake is a special talent that can do it all and his speed is elite. If he remains healthy throughout this season, I can see him getting 12 TDs.

Back
Top Bottom