Dolphins Coaching Upheaval Not Worth Panic | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Coaching Upheaval Not Worth Panic

In my book, you can't be Bill Belichick without the results. Another year of 5-11, or even 6-10, is enough for me to start looking for some kindling to place around his seat. If Flores' name is going to be attached to Belichick's then all that comes with it should be attached as well...especially the winning.

I didn’t bring up winning because it’s his first year. All I said is that he probably learned a thing or two and trying to model after him. Nothing more nothing less

I didn’t bring up winning because it’s his first year. All I said is that he probably learned a thing or two and trying to model after him. Nothing more nothing less

He learned a thing or two?

He hasn't been successful enough IMO to have such a sharp sword so soon after a season where we questioned whether the team was going to purposely try to lose every game.

He hasn't built up enough cache to mimic Belicheck in executioner mode because more often than not, Belicheck was going to the Super Bowl...the playoffs at the very least.

It is funny how we complained about the lack of responsibility and accountability by our FOs and HCs in the past and now we have a coach who does not allow slackers and makes changes that's no good either. :bobdole:

For those who question why anybody would come to Miami I (and Flores) have an answer: do your ****ing job and you are welcome. If you don't you can go. No free beach time for you.

He hasn't been successful enough IMO to have such a sharp sword so soon after a season where we questioned whether the team was going to purposely try to lose every game.

He hasn't built up enough cache to mimic Belicheck in executioner mode because more often than not, Belicheck was going to the Super Bowl...the playoffs at the very least.
I understand your point. BB gets the benifit of doubt, whereas Flo has not earned the same.

On the other hand, it is his neck, job, reputation, etc on the line. He has the right to do it his way, if he is the one that is going to be held responsible.

It's not like he is replacing tried and true veteran coaches, with impeccable resumes. Let's try to keep it in perspective.

So looks like an older offensive staff and a very young defensive staff...

If I have it correct this is the staff as of now... and a lot of this is guess work too...

Presumed OC-Chan Gailey
QB/Assistant HC-Jim Caldwell
Assistant QB coach?-Robby Brown
WR-Karl Dorrell
RB-Eric Studesville
TE-CHarles Godsey
OL-Jim Marshall

DC-Josh Boyer
DL-Marion Hobby
LB-Robbie Leonard
OLB/Pass Rush coach-Austin Clark
CB/S-Anthony Campanile/Curt Kuntz

Last edited:
I understand your point. BB gets the benifit of doubt, whereas Flo has not earned the same.

On the other hand, it is his neck, job, reputation, etc on the line. He has the right to do it his way, if he is the one that is going to be held responsible.

It's not like he is replacing tried and true veteran coaches, with impeccable resumes. Let's try to keep it in perspective.
Point taken...

That said...I smell a rat...a rat trying to kick a can down the street a little longer.

A damn high school coach <---left for posterity.

Dude, you’re way in over your head with trying to spin my post or spin Flores’ actions as a coach
You act like he’s pulling a Josh Mcdaniels when he coached in Denver when he acted like a horses ass trying to mimic Billicheck with the media. If you think that’s what Flores is doing then you’re delusional or you’re just trying to troll my post because I don’t know, you’re bored?

If he’s trying to mimic Bill in the way of doing things like getting rid of coaches and players he feels can’t help him win....then please keep doing what you’re doing Brian.
He never once got up after a loss in a presser and acted like Bill at the podium with the media. Flores has been a class act with the press from day one.

And yeah, I really hope he learned a thing or two and I’m sure he has in all the years up in NE
You’re pulling strings here trying to start a disagreement that doesn’t even exist

Last edited:
So looks like an older offensive staff and a very young defensive staff...

If I have it correct this is the staff as of now... and a lot of this is guess work too...

Presumed OC-Chan Gailey
QB/Assistant HC-Jim Caldwell
Assistant QB coach?-Robby Brown
WR-Karl Dorrell
RB-Eric Studesville
TE-CHarles Godsey
OL-Jim Marshall

DC-Josh Boyer
DL-Marion Hobby
LB-Robbie Leonard
OLB/Pass Rush coach-Austin Clark
CB/S-Anthony Campanile/Curt Kuntz

Im guessing we are just going to get one of those official announcements from the Dolphins announcing all the new hires at one time...

‘The Miami Dolphins have added the following coaches to the staff.....’

Dude, you’re way in over your head with trying to spin my post or spin Flores’ actions as a coach
You act like he’s pulling a Josh Mcdaniels when he coached in Denver when he acted like a horses *** trying to mimic Billicheck with the media. If you think that’s what Flores is doing then you’re delusional or you’re just trying to troll my post because I don’t know, you’re bored?

If he’s trying to mimic Bill in the way of doing things like getting rid of coaches and players he feels can’t help him win....then please keep doing what you’re doing Brian.
He never once got up after a loss in a presser and acted like Bill at the podium with the media. Flores has been a class act with the press from day one.

And yeah, I really hope he learned a thing or two and I’m sure he has in all the years up in NE
You’re pulling strings here trying to start a disagreement that doesn’t even exist

You can dick ride Flores and give him a blank check...

That's your prerogative...

I have concerns...

If you want to call it a disagreement then I suggest you never voice an opinion that is contrary to yours, or the masses....on a message board of all places.

You can dick ride Flores and give him a blank check...

That's your prerogative...

I have concerns...

If you want to call it a disagreement then I suggest you never voice an opinion that is contrary to yours, or the masses....on a message board of all places.

you have concerns that he may have learned a thing or two from Bill Billichick???
that’s about the funniest damn thing I’ve ever read on this forum
You really can’t make this stuff up

you have concerns that he may have learned a thing or two from Bill Billichick???
that’s about the funniest damn thing I’ve ever read on this forum
You really can’t make this stuff up
I came back to delete my post and run into you doctoring my words to say what you would like for me to say.

You are either purposely being obtuse, or you really are a simpleton...either way, I have no problem with him being Bill Belichick as long as there are results to even remotely mimic who you believe he's attempting to mimic.

I came back to delete my post and run into you doctoring my words to say what you would like for me to say.

You are either purposely being obtuse, or you really are a simpleton...either way, I have no problem with him being Bill Belichick as long as there are results to even remotely mimic who you believe he's attempting to mimic.

Hey, do you know what mentoring is? You know, like how a master of a field graciously takes a promising student under their wing, selflessly teaching them what they know? It's something that happens every day in all walks of life, including among football coaches. That is why coaching trees get so much attention. Hell, they even go so far as to call them disciples, sometimes.

By dubbing anything that Coach Flores does that's remotely similar to Belichick "mimicking" seems rather disingenuous, unreasonably judgmental and unfair to me. I would think it would behoove any former assistant of Belichick, or any other master coach, to attempt to apply the best of what they learned from him as best they can. As long as they think they have what they need to implement it as the master intended. Would they not?

Of course Flores is still proving himself. I don't think anyone here has remotely indicated he deserves a complete pass. Hell, I've been described (unfairly, I think) as a homie here. Yet even I demand to see progress on the field within a reasonable time frame and circumstance. Thus far, I think Flores has done very well. Looks quite promising. But, I am by no means dubbing him some kind of savior.

Back
Top Bottom