Dolphins Coaching Upheaval Not Worth Panic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Coaching Upheaval Not Worth Panic

ATL_PHIN_FAN

Winner Under Construction
Reaction score
"It shouldn’t be seen as a negative that Flores isn’t afraid to think outside the lines of “normal” when building the team his way. He is methodical in his vision for the program. And while other outlets talk about “curses” and use a generally negative tone when discussing the Dolphins, we should instead remain optimistic that coach Flores will bring this team back to glory. "

I’m not worried at all. He’s learned from Billichick to cut bait if someone can no longer help you. Doesn’t matter if it was Seymour, Brown, Vrabel etc Billichick moved on if he thought he could improve his team. Flores knows what he likes and doesn’t like. He was friends with O’Shea and Graham and still thought he could do better.

I question a few of the moves but who am I to question them because so far I think he’s done a great job and I find it hard to believe he wants to sabotage his efforts. I support his moves and hope they work out.If this man gets us a solid D above average quarterback and a kick ass offensive line I would recommend building a statue for him.

I’m not worried at all. He’s learned from Billichick to cut bait if someone can no longer help you. Doesn’t matter if it was Seymour, Brown, Vrabel etc Billichick moved on if he thought he could improve his team. Flores knows what he likes and doesn’t like. He was friends with O’Shea and Graham and still thought he could do better.
So what you're telling me these moves weren't made to help these guys get further in careers or be closer to family? I was told we need to wait for the facts come in before we start theorizing, just wondering.

The O'Shea firing and Gailey hiring threw the media and fans into a frenzy. This is a fluid situation and personally I'd prefer to let it play out. Flores showed me he's got the team going in the right direction and no reason to think that won't continue.

So what you're telling me these moves weren't made to help these guys get further in careers or be closer to family? I was told we need to wait for the facts come in before we start theorizing, just wondering.
In my own opinion. Opinion
But really, let’s face the facts that Bill runs the organization that way
Hard to deny that Flores didn’t learn a thing or two

I read somewhere that O'Shea wasn't a very good coordinator according to those inside the building so that's why he was fired. Weird to read that from the outside looking in though because our offense was competent the second half of the season and I think most of us assumed it was because he was doing a pretty decent job, but I guess someone else was picking up his slack.

I read somewhere that O'Shea wasn't a very good coordinator according to those inside the building so that's why he was fired. Weird to read that from the outside looking in though because our offense was competent the second half of the season and I think most of us assumed it was because he was doing a pretty decent job, but I guess someone else was picking up his slack.
Good point, you never know what is going on behind the scenes, heck, maybe o'Shea wanted out...either way, have to back the Coach until he fails. I am a firm believer that it's easier to coach and perceive a team as doing good when that team is a dumpster fire and at the bottom of the barrel ala Fins 2019. Let's see what happens when and if we are in position to make the playoffs consistently and fight for the div lead and expectations are much more than simply knocking off a playoff team in a 2-4 win season.

I was listening to Travis Wingfield's podcast this morning and he brought up a good point. Shouldn't it look good that other coaches are poaching some pieces of our coaching staff after spending 1 year under a 1st year HC and having a 5-11 record?.... Then I thought, throw in that the fact that the fired pieces are still unemployed as far as I know.

The curse bit was dumb. And I'm not even talking about the fact that it's about a curse, but that most of the players mentioned were back ups and most of the coaches were low level guys.

Some of the coaching changes I think were warranted (DeGuglielmo and Oden). As for O'shea, that's a tougher pill to swallow as I thought he did quite well this year. But I will reserve judgement on that one. I don't hate Flores making decisive moves like that (provided they are done for good reasons). It could suggest a degree of foresight. However, Flores didn't fire Graham and Schuplinski. They chose to leave. They were offered the exact same position just on a different team. And it was a team just as bad as the Dolphins. And that's what concerns me. Why did they choose to leave?

Now I'm still optimistic this year. Good coaches lose their assistants all the time but it doesn't stop them from being good coaches. If Flores is as good as we hope he is, we're not going to care about the assistant coaches.

I know, watching the games, I grew weary, on 1st and 10, saying 'run up the middle' and being right

I think the "curse" angle was a bit toungue in cheek to document what is in the article since it does seem bizzare

Flores doesn’t give a **** what you, me, the media, or anyone thinks. He’s going to build this team his way however the hell he wants it with the backing and blessing of Ross. If after the 4th or 5th year and this team is still stuck in purgatory, that’s the time to start getting scared.

I know, watching the games, I grew weary, on 1st and 10, saying 'run up the middle' and being right

I didn’t hate his play calling because for the most part they had success, and he’s light years better than Lazor, Gase and a few other slugs we had, but nothing this year showed me he was THE GUY. At this moment I trust Flores. Let’s see what we look like this time next year

Back
Top Bottom