DOLPHINS COLTS PREVIEW by EMORY HUNT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DOLPHINS COLTS PREVIEW by EMORY HUNT

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
Check out the great video preview of this week's game against the Colts. Emory does a great job of breaking down this match-up right down to the Xs and Os.

Video Here: www.finheaven.com

Go Dolphins!!!

Thanks Emory.

That was the most fluent and well-presented pieces you've done on the Fins in a long time. Very smooth and professional. Good man.

You mention an interesting point. Indy's ability to move the chains but their inability to score touchdowns. That's pretty much a synopsis of every offense's experience against Miami so far. We give up yards but not TDs. Better teams than Indy in putting up points against other opponents have found it tough against us. Miami is 3rd in the league for TDs allowed.

Indy are 8th in offensive yards but 24th in TDs scored.

Just another area where I think we match up well against Indy. I'm a little worried about the inexperience of our secondary when it comes to picking up a roving Reggie Wayne.

Emory you really think the Colts have a better special teams than us? In what area?

Thanks Emory.

That was the most fluent and well-presented pieces you've done on the Fins in a long time. Very smooth and professional. Good man.

You mention an interesting point. Indy's ability to move the chains but their inability to score touchdowns. That's pretty much a synopsis of every offense's experience against Miami so far. We give up yards but not TDs. Better teams than Indy in putting up points against other opponents have found it tough against us. Miami is 3rd in the league for TDs allowed.

Indy are 8th in offensive yards but 24th in TDs scored.

Just another area where I think we match up well against Indy. I'm a little worried about the inexperience of our secondary when it comes to picking up a roving Reggie Wayne.

Thanks Fin Thirteen! I appreciate the compliment! Yep, if you watch the Colts you'll see how well they move the ball with Speed Outs, Slants, Curls/Hitches essentially the short passing game. The Problem persists when they're in the Red Zone and the field is condensed and their inability to run the ball is exposed.

Emory you really think the Colts have a better special teams than us? In what area?

I can trust their kicking game more so than the Dolphins. The chart I drew up had little to do with return yardage and more along the lines of "if the Kicker or Punter had to make a play...who would I trust"

I can trust their kicking game more so than the Dolphins. The chart I drew up had little to do with return yardage and more along the lines of "if the Kicker or Punter had to make a play...who would I trust"
Carpenter has been shaky this season, but there is arguably no one better at punting the ball in the entire NFL then Brandon Fields. Not only does he have distance but he is extremely accurate with his placement.

Thanks Fin Thirteen! I appreciate the compliment! Yep, if you watch the Colts you'll see how well they move the ball with Speed Outs, Slants, Curls/Hitches essentially the short passing game. The Problem persists when they're in the Red Zone and the field is condensed and their inability to run the ball is exposed.

I enjoyed the video and I am hoping that Tannehill is good to go, I want to see the matchup of the two young rookies. I agree about the defense shuting down the run, in Indy's three losses they have rushed for an average of only 74 yards a game as opposed to the 130.5 they have rushed for in the four wins. Indy's D is also a big reason for that offensive rushing swing because in the 3 loses the defesne gave up an average of 183.6 rushing yards a game as opposed to 103 rushing yards a game in their 4 wins.

I think in order to win this game Reggie (or one of the backs) needs over a 100 on the ground and the defense needs to stuff the run and let Luck try to beat them and force him into rookie mistakes. If the Colts establish a running game and limit Miami on the gorund it is going to be a close game and at that point let's hope this game doesn't come down to kicking.

Of the entire video, that was the only thing I disagreed with. Maybe he just felt bad for the Colts and wanted to give them a little something. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom