Dolphins Could Have A Chance At Getting Haskins | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Could Have A Chance At Getting Haskins

just some friendly advice:

Don’t refer to “I called this and this and this and this right” ..... with 24 posts to your name.

Don’t worry, based on the content of his other posts, I’m betting his welcome will be worn out shortly.

Any game changers there?

Tua and Fromm are the prohibitive favorites...but what would they look like if they had to actually carry those teams like Haskins had to with Ohio State?

I think Lock had to carry Missouri a lot more than Haskins, Fromm, or Tua carried their respective teams.

They say hindsight is 20/20...who knows what the best college football player is going to do when he hits the pros. Who knew Archie Griffin would flame out after winning back to back?

I'm of the thought that QB's drafted in the 6th round don't normally turn into 1st ballot HOFer, gold standard for the position. That piggybacks my statement that besides possibly Charlie Ward, who told the NFL he was playing basketball, there has been no Heisman winning QB who had a 5th round grade on them.

I'll ask you...what grade did you give RGIII coming out of college?

Archie was undersized and really not that talented... he was on a great football team in college, which is a much much lower level than the pro’s.

I think Lock had to carry Missouri a lot more than Haskins, Fromm, or Tua carried their respective teams.

Tua...yes.

Haskins...no. Haskins numbers are crazy...and this is with teams knowing that he had no running game to back him up, a subpar o-line...as far as Ohio State is concerned, and a weak defense.

I want a full tank...but if Lock or Haskins were chosen at 13, I would hold my nose and hope for the best.

Conversely.... how good would Drew Lock be with the team Fromm had around him?....I suggest he would be superior! Or Tua’s team for that matter!

Lock would make idiotic throws regardless of surrounding talent.

Lots to like about Haskins and I do think he'd be a perfect fit in a NE, precision-type offense. If that's what Miami is going to run, Haskins is higher for me. That said, I don't think he gets past the NYG. He may even go #4 to Oakland or #5 to TB.

I think Miami ends up with a mid-rounder like a Finley or CK's guy Easton Stick.

Don’t bet on it... my gut tells me Miami wants a QB this year...I think one of the top 3 will be a Dolphin.

I think Arizona will stick with Rosen and is looking for a tradeup... So Murray will probably go #1....I do think the Giants are probably next to go QB..and then Denver... and Cincinnati.

I think Miami will have to get to 8 or 9 to get one of the top 3.

This is too binary for me. You can have a guy who is good enough to win with and still look to upgrade the most important position in sports. If he's good enough to win with, he'll have trade value, particularly on a rookie deal.

Thank you... I’m laughing at this thought process that we write this year off and wait till next year.

In my mind... you scout these QB’s... if you can obtain one you like...you take him.

If he doesn’t convince you in his rookie year he has it... you do it again next year.

You have to find the elite QB... until you do this all pointless.

Tua...yes.

Haskins...no. Haskins numbers are crazy...and this is with teams knowing that he had no running game to back him up, a subpar o-line...as far as Ohio State is concerned, and a weak defense.

I want a full tank...but if Lock or Haskins were chosen at 13, I would hold my nose and hope for the best.

I am more sure about Lock than Haskins... I don’t think you’d be holding your nose concerning Lock.

He threw 72 touchdowns the last 2 years on a less than powerful Missouri team.

You can’t tell me Ohio State doesn’t recruit better overall classes than Missouri.

In the film I watched... Lock’s receivers drop an extraordinary number of footballs... Daniel Jeremiah noted the same thing on his evaluation of Lock.

Don’t bet on it... my gut tells me Miami wants a QB this year...I think one of the top 3 will be a Dolphin.

I think Arizona will stick with Rosen and is looking for a tradeup... So Murray will probably go #1....I do think the Giants are probably next to go QB..and then Denver... and Cincinnati.

I think Miami will have to get to 8 or 9 to get one of the top 3.
I could definitely see that. Waiting doesn't seem like the best decision.

I could definitely see that. Waiting doesn't seem like the best decision.
Disagree. 1, maybe 2 potential franchise QBs in this draft. Tua\fromm\herbert at least in 2020. You're not winning anything in 2019 either way, so give yourself the best odds.

Suck out loud in 2019, which won't be a tall task given Miami's 2018 point differential and the off chance of Clay dropping a TD\ridiculous NE miracle....and getting your guy seems likely

Disagree. 1, maybe 2 potential franchise QBs in this draft. Tua\fromm\herbert at least in 2020. You're not winning anything in 2019 either way, so give yourself the best odds.

Suck out loud in 2019, which won't be a tall task given Miami's 2018 point differential and the off chance of Clay dropping a TD\ridiculous NE miracle....and getting your guy seems likely
I get that plan, but it can easily backfire too. If you love a quarterback from 2019 make it happen. If not, then you wait. Don't force it on other words.

My biggest fear in this entire draft is still Daniel Jones. Not much buzz around him, and rightfully so, but I hope we don't get desperate if Kyler, Haskins, & Lock all go before we pick.

I mean, we just finally got rid of Ryan Tannehill. Don't want to get stuck with his clone.

Back
Top Bottom