Dolphins Could Have A Chance At Getting Haskins | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Could Have A Chance At Getting Haskins

I am more sure about Lock than Haskins... I don’t think you’d be holding your nose concerning Lock.

He threw 72 touchdowns the last 2 years on a less than powerful Missouri team.

You can’t tell me Ohio State doesn’t recruit better overall classes than Missouri.

In the film I watched... Lock’s receivers drop an extraordinary number of footballs... Daniel Jeremiah noted the same thing on his evaluation of Lock.

I'd hold my nose picking Lock at 13...way more than Haskins. Lock is a 1st round QB. Haskins is a 1st overall pick.

Thank you... I’m laughing at this thought process that we write this year off and wait till next year.

In my mind... you scout these QB’s... if you can obtain one you like...you take him.

If he doesn’t convince you in his rookie year he has it... you do it again next year.

You have to find the elite QB... until you do this all pointless.

I'd be inclined to write off this year for QB with Murray out of reach. I'm just saying that there's a - very unlikely - scenario where Haskins makes sense. I disagree with your assessment of Lock, and there is no scenario where I would consider him in the 1st Round.

I know it means nothing, but Drew Lock is becoming the popular pick in most of the latest mocks for Miami at #13.

Would you take the chance?

Thank you... I’m laughing at this thought process that we write this year off and wait till next year.

In my mind... you scout these QB’s... if you can obtain one you like...you take him.

If he doesn’t convince you in his rookie year he has it... you do it again next year.

You have to find the elite QB... until you do this all pointless.

Funny I've also started to feel that way too. More I see the quality of these 3 guys the more rediculous to me the ideas of defense pick at 13 or moving back, now looks.... JMO

See and realize the exceptional skills of the top three guys and feel that our FO would have to be total morons to not go after one of the top three. Don't even think its debatable, our New guys (FO) are miles ahead I think of the old crew and we WILL see one of those guys (Murray would be unbelievable) but Lock and Haskins as good of a shot as next years Boys....

Might take a couple years to get our guy to being good so next year may be off the QB table. But it means we can start the Building for real Now and not possibly have to wait an extra year, with the knowledge of what we're building around....

I know it means nothing, but Drew Lock is becoming the popular pick in most of the latest mocks for Miami at #13.

Would you take the chance?
Nope...when given the choice between good and great...all things equal, choose great. Lock is not great.

Nope...when given the choice between good and great...all things equal, choose great. Lock is not great.

So just for the hell of it who do you think is great ?
Many including myself thing Lock maybe even better that Haskins who seems to be pretty damn good for a shot at from a team that needed a QB for the last 20 years.

Great would be great but my hope is very good to maybe even possibly great is also great.
These kinds of opportunities don't come around that often and who's to say next years draft the players are that much different than 2019 top 3....you ? Me ? lol....
The professional in 6 weeks will make the call and I'm feelin pretty confident in Lock Haskins and even Murray and think the crap shot is pretty damn favorable....JMO

just some friendly advice:

Don’t refer to “I called this and this and this and this right” ..... with 24 posts to your name.

Believe whatever you want but what you think regarding this issue doesn't matter. Being dismissive of someone based on one's number of posts is dumb as if the one and only arbiter is whether you can prove anything based on your finheaven post history. As if nothing outside this website matters. Some restraint on your part would've been wise. Think about it: If I lied to make myself look good, why did I simultaneously and freely admit the ones I missed? Don't you think that if I made it all up that Wilson, the best one out of 2012, would've been a part of my supposedly fabricated story to make myself look even better? Yet instead, I freely admitted that I was dismissive of him. And if I was the type to state the obvious only once the dust settled, why did I take a bold stance on Haskins, Stick, and Stidham in this thread, and Lock in another? If what I said is true, you have no argument.

Don’t worry, based on the content of his other posts, I’m betting his welcome will be worn out shortly.
You're a Tannehill fan. You were wrong everyday for seven years about Tannehill. What sort of content did you provide regarding the qb position?

The fact you went through some trouble researching my old posts is somewhat commendable. Did you come across the one where I tried to dismantle the idea that Tannehill was close to elite by showing it really wasn't that special as around 18 other qbs had better stretches? It's time to update that now but I can't be bothered. Mahomes, Trubisky, Watson, and I believe Mayfield would like to join the elite party with pacifiers.

Lock is not perfect but the first play in this video is the reason I'd be excited to give him a shot. You can't teach that type of poise.

Believe whatever you want but what you think regarding this issue doesn't matter. Being dismissive of someone based on one's number of posts is dumb as if the one and only arbiter is whether you can prove anything based on your finheaven post history. As if nothing outside this website matters. Some restraint on your part would've been wise. Think about it: If I lied to make myself look good, why did I simultaneously and freely admit the ones I missed? Don't you think that if I made it all up that Wilson, the best one out of 2012, would've been a part of my supposedly fabricated story to make myself look even better? Yet instead, I freely admitted that I was dismissive of him. And if I was the type to state the obvious only once the dust settled, why did I take a bold stance on Haskins, Stick, and Stidham in this thread, and Lock in another? If what I said is true, you have no argument.

You're a Tannehill fan. You were wrong everyday for seven years about Tannehill. What sort of content did you provide regarding the qb position?

The fact you went through some trouble researching my old posts is somewhat commendable. Did you come across the one where I tried to dismantle the idea that Tannehill was close to elite by showing it really wasn't that special as around 18 other qbs had better stretches? It's time to update that now but I can't be bothered. Mahomes, Trubisky, Watson, and I believe Mayfield would like to join the elite party with pacifiers.
With all due respect it's pretty to say "I called that", hindsight makes everything clear. You have nothing on record, of course someone is going to call you on it. You'll get more respect around here when you actually call things correctly before they happen.
So let's hear it, so far we've heard Haskins is a 3rd round talent. What about Murray, Lock, Jones and Stick? Show us you're better than the professionals.

Finally someone who is warm on Haskins.

I soured on Murray when reports came out that he is "lazy" (unwilling to put in the work in the QB room) and ...well....not very bright (problems understanding complex defensive schemes). I think whoever drafts him will be very unhappy in the long run.

You're referring to Casserly, right?

With all due respect it's pretty to say "I called that", hindsight makes everything clear. You have nothing on record, of course someone is going to call you on it. You'll get more respect around here when you actually call things correctly before they happen.
So let's hear it, so far we've heard Haskins is a 3rd round talent. What about Murray, Lock, Jones and Stick? Show us you're better than the professionals.
You're only a couple of clicks away.

So just for the hell of it who do you think is great ?
Many including myself thing Lock maybe even better that Haskins who seems to be pretty damn good for a shot at from a team that needed a QB for the last 20 years.

Great would be great but my hope is very good to maybe even possibly great is also great.
These kinds of opportunities don't come around that often and who's to say next years draft the players are that much different than 2019 top 3....you ? Me ? lol....
The professional in 6 weeks will make the call and I'm feelin pretty confident in Lock Haskins and even Murray and think the crap shot is pretty damn favorable....JMO

There are no "great" QB's in this draft. The analogy was the "great" vs. "good"...played out between Haskins and Lock.

You say it's a crapshoot, and that could be said about anyone. Now,I have a question to ask you.

If you were the Dolphins GM and you needed/wanted a QB, who would you select if you had Haskins and Lock available...and why?

For the sake of argument, your choices are limited to the two above players.

There are no "great" QB's in this draft. The analogy was the "great" vs. "good"...played out between Haskins and Lock.

You say it's a crapshoot, and that could be said about anyone. Now,I have a question to ask you.

If you were the Dolphins GM and you needed/wanted a QB, who would you select if you had Haskins and Lock available...and why?

For the sake of argument, your choices are limited to the two above players.

Who are you to say Haskins is not as good as Tua or Fromm, I certainly like him a lot more than Herbert and from what I see he is every bit as good as Fromm. He is rated higher than Murray by most scouts so there is that. That leaves Tua who has more talent around him than anyone else, most certainly Haskins.

What is it you don't like? His amazing accuracy? His ability to lead? Pocket awareness? The ability to carry a team with no RB or D? Yes I take this guy, I would trade up a few spots to take him if need be. To put our eggs in the 2020 draft when we just picked up a QB that can hang points on people? We went from a 3 win team to a 5-6 win team. How much will Tua be next yr?

Back
Top Bottom