Dolphins Current Depth Chart | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Current Depth Chart

Did Travis Swanson get cut? Did he leave in FA?
I don’t get it. He was a better C than Kilgore. Come March 8 we better be getting some bodies on both sides of the ball. Gota give Rosen the best chance to succeed

We just have to accept that the D is gonna struggle. I hate to be that guy, but, you guys didnt think we were gonna be able to rebuild in a year did you?

If we do anything, I just hope we can put together a serviceable line so that we can properly evaluate Rosen.

We just have to accept that the D is gonna struggle. I hate to be that guy, but, you guys didnt think we were gonna be able to rebuild in a year did you?

If we do anything, I just hope we can put together a serviceable line so that we can properly evaluate Rosen.

Probably just gonna have to accept the entire team will struggle. I have more confidence in the defense which isnt saying much.

I just saw a rank of the UDFAs.
We had 2 in the top ten.
The Calhoun G from Mississippi and Williams a WR.
Would love to have Dieter, Prince, and Calhoun be 2 starters and one rotational.

Considering we have a new QB I am very curious to see how they augment the OL from May 8 to the start of the season (& thru several rounds of cuts).

I am also wondering about Zach Sterup being penciled in by many at RT. Not that it means much but didn't the staff say last year said he was a better fit at LT? It's not always that natural to switch sides and he doesn't have a lot of experience to begin with... We'll see.

Not that wild about leaving Davis at RG. I would like to see if he can handle the RT spot.

LT Tunsil/Sterup
LG Deiter/Reed
C Kilgore
RG FA post May 8th
RT Davis/Prince

Hopefully this years surprise players (like Godchaux and Taylor) will be Prince and Deiter.

I am not optimistic Kilgore is not going to get destroyed in the middle. Of course we didn't get a long look at him last year. The IOL will be facing some good D'linemen this year....

Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, Leonard Williams, Jerry Tillery, DaRon Payne, Javon Hargrave, Sheldon Richardson, Fletcher Cox, Dexter Williams, Dalvin Tomlinson, Geno Atkins, Andrew Billings.

Whoever the RT ends up being will face....

Carlos Dunlap, Chase Winovich, Myles Garrett, Cameron Heyward, Jonathan Allen, Joey Bosa, DeMarcus Lawrence, Trent Murphy, Leonard Williams.

Nobody should think Dee Delaney is camp fodder. He could start.

Calhoun looks like steal. Montiero is a big mystery. Balance is everything with these OL, and it is hard to gauge.

Considering we have a new QB I am very curious to see how they augment the OL from May 8 to the start of the season (& thru several rounds of cuts).

I am also wondering about Zach Sterup being penciled in by many at RT. Not that it means much but didn't the staff say last year said he was a better fit at LT? It's not always that natural to switch sides and he doesn't have a lot of experience to begin with... We'll see.

Not that wild about leaving Davis at RG. I would like to see if he can handle the RT spot.

LT Tunsil/Sterup
LG Deiter/Reed
C Kilgore
RG FA post May 8th
RT Davis/Prince

Hopefully this years surprise players (like Godchaux and Taylor) will be Prince and Deiter.

I am not optimistic Kilgore is not going to get destroyed in the middle. Of course we didn't get a long look at him last year. The IOL will be facing some good D'linemen this year....

Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, Leonard Williams, Jerry Tillery, DaRon Payne, Javon Hargrave, Sheldon Richardson, Fletcher Cox, Dexter Williams, Dalvin Tomlinson, Geno Atkins, Andrew Billings.

Carlos Dunlap, Chase Winovich, Myles Garrett, Cameron Heyward, Jonathan Allen, Joey Bosa, DeMarcus Lawrence, Trent Murphy, Leonard Williams.

Sure could have used McCoy in this mix.
Passing on him was a significant sacrifice IMO.

It seems the OT from Ohio State is either boom/bust type.
Good thing is his game has been trending positively...

Amazing how a journeyman like Davis can hang on.
Shows you how thin the OL talent pool is in the Pros.

Grier said he wanted to get at least 3 starters from the draft. I'm sure he is going to consider Rosen as part of that. Wilkins another likely candidate. Deiter next in line then Prince as a long shot with Cox (FB) as another option but I believe Dwayne Allen has been used at FB in the past and should have a leg up on Cox depending on formation of course.

LT Tunsil/Sterup
LG Deiter/Reed
C Kilgore
RG FA post May 8th
RT Davis/Prince

I basically agree with your lineup with Davis at RT...

LT Tunsil/Sterup
LG Deiter/Reed
C Kilgore
RG FA post May 8th
RT Davis/Prince

...and it is probably telling that since they didn’t add a RT until late they may have planned for Davis to move there all along.

Although unless a gift drops in their lap via FA I believe it will be Reed at RG.

Not your suggestion but i see others have regarding one of the UDFA starting. There is only the slimmest of possibilities that they would play two rookies on the line particularly an UDFA but if they did at least they would be bracketed by veterans.

Sure could have used McCoy in this mix.
Passing on him was a significant sacrifice IMO.

It seems the OT from Ohio State is either boom/bust type.
Good thing is his game has been trending positively...

Amazing how a journeyman like Davis can hang on.
Shows you how thin the OL talent pool is in the Pros.

Not to get OT, but I'm still convinced of 32 players at pick-a-position, 3-4 aren't NFL quality, thus, constant turnover at the bottom. Factor in another 5-8 are only tolerable. THAT is how some of these journeymen hang on. The good news is Davis is NFL quality. The bad news is, so far, he's been tolerable.

Not to get OT, but I'm still convinced of 32 players at pick-a-position, 3-4 aren't NFL quality, thus, constant turnover at the bottom. Factor in another 5-8 are only tolerable. THAT is how some of these journeymen hang on. The good news is Davis is NFL quality. The bad news is, so far, he's been tolerable.

What you're really saying is

there are too many teams in the league and the talent pool is diluted.

100% agree!

Good ole American thing -- quantity over quality

I bet it's a $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ thing...

:)

Back
Top Bottom