Dolphins defense or offense??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins defense or offense???

Our defense was much better than our offense last year, but there's reason to believe that difference will shrink. The offense has the edge in today's NFL. If there's 2 minutes and we need a field goal to win, I'll take the O.

Offense all day...

Did anyone watch the last Bills game?
Sure did, your not going to win to many games where the defense gives up 42 points. Just think if they didn’t pull there starters midway though the third quarter. They might of put up 70 points not just 56 points.

I'm going to go opposite of most and say offense. Maybe not early in the season, but hopefully by about game five.

Here's my thinking. The rules are so skewed towards offense that it's just more difficult for the defense. Even the best ones.

I'm going to go opposite of most and say offense. Maybe not early in the season, but hopefully by about game five.

Here's my thinking. The rules are so skewed towards offense that it's just more difficult for the defense. Even the best ones.
That's my thinking as well. I can see the argument that your defense is the key to winning games over the course of a season. But with one possession or so left, I'd say the odds favor the offense.

I believe both offense and Defense got better this off-season, though the Miami offense could make far bigger strides if the O-Line holds up with their new look Line...Either way, got to go Defense.

Depends on which team we're playing. if we're playing KC then I don't want our defense having to make a stop. just an example.

KC's OL issues were what they were in the Super Bowl. However, Tampa's game plan might be a blue print for how to stop the Chiefs.

Miami, as I recall, did contain Mahomes & Co for 3 quarters last season FWIW.

I always want the ball with the game on the line regardless of which unit is stronger. Though obviously as you said having the lead is better, but it depends whether that lead is less than 3 or not to fully address this issue in my eyes.

Even terrible offenses have a tendency to move the ball in desperation time, its hard to stop a drive without any points when the offense gets into desperation mode.

Game is on the line, which position would you feel more comfortable. Dolphins needing a defensive stop in the final 4 minutes of a game or Miami needing to mount a game winning drive on offense? Obviouslly most people would say they would rather have the lead than to be trailing. I'm really asking which Miami unit are you more confident in 2021 to get the job done in crunch time, which unit is more likely to avoid the costly mistake or mental lapse that will cost you the game?
Depends on how Tua does. If it’s game one, then the defense, if it’s later in the season, then it depends on what Tua has put on film. I’m drinking the coolaid and thinking he’s going to take a big leap this year. We;ll see

Defense with this team. It’s been ages since I felt that way.

Depends on which team we're playing. if we're playing KC then I don't want our defense having to make a stop. just an example.
Yeah good point. There was a time when no matter who we were playing we didn’t want our D out there.

Back
Top Bottom