Dolphins defensive coordinator says they planned for a running game against the Ravens not a passing game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins defensive coordinator says they planned for a running game against the Ravens not a passing game

That was obvious the safety was nowhere to be found on any of those deep passing plays.

We’ll see what happens next week. They can’t use the same excuse

This guy might be worse than Matt Burke? I'm starting to worry about our DC. Beginning to think he's in over his head.

Wow!!! Now that's scary to hear.

The excuse was because they were expecting something different then what they expected? Please tell me that they're aware they are playing in the NFL.

So if Miami is doing well holding an offense, and they adjust mid-quarter, does that now mean Miami's can't adjust either...They're susceptible to teams that just adjust or have a better gsme plan?

Flores better have a plan for this defense, because among being the HC, what he did with last years Patriots defense was amazing and got him the Dolphins job, there is also more talent on Defense then Offense to work with, so if tte defense fails, so will he going into next year.

I'm totally buying into that.

The Dolphins were able to shut down the Ravens first play of the game keeping them to only a 49 yard rush. Had Ingram gone over 50 then I would call total B.S.!

I'm not going to be watching that disaster of a game I'll save myself the heartache and stress

I did find this surprising from... https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27580215/week-1-nfl-qb-awards-jackson-shines-wentz-throws-dime

Sure, it's possible that the tanking Dolphins will finish the season as one of the worst teams in NFL history. But it would be wrong to view Jackson's Week 1 performance solely in the context of defensive quality. The passes he completed were not easy, based on the positioning of defenders and the distances the ball traveled in the air, and he was pressured on 36.4% of his passes, the sixth-highest rate in Week 1.
Most notable, of course, was that the Ravens did not feel compelled to utilize the run-heavy scheme they tied Jackson to last season. He threw the ball on 20 of his 22 dropbacks, carrying only once on a designed run and then scrambling one other time. (His third "carry" was a kneel-down.) In 2018, Jackson carried on a design run on 23% of his total plays and scrambled on 13% of his total dropbacks.

And
His passes posted a relatively high degree of difficulty, in part because they averaged 11.9 air yards past the line of scrimmage, tied for the second-most in the NFL. And while Jackson did exploit some busted coverages, the Ravens actually had the fourth-lowest percentage of open receivers (35%), as defined by the instances when there was no defender within 3 yards of the target, per Next Gen Stats data. Only 5.3% of his passes were judged in ESPN charting to be off-target, the fourth-lowest rate in Week 1. And using the NFL Next Gen model for completion probability, Jackson completed a league-high 24.8% more of his passes than an average quarterback would be expected to.

The guy threw for over 300yrds and 5 tds! **** those stats how can you look at those stupid stats and say to yourself that we had something going for ourselves on defense?
Perhaps the same way you read my post and found something I didn't do or say.

They should have planned for it. They should have also also planned more for all that heavy tight end sets. Cause they were coming. And they got mismatches out of them.

We got murdered at the top of the stem vertical on repeat in the pass game. Not sure why we played it so flat footed only thing I can think of is didn’t believe Jackson could execute in the pass game consistently enough vertical.

If Lamar Jackson passes the ball at that consistent clip you tip your cap. But we didn’t exactly stop the run either. This teams soft up the middle at free safety and lb without Raekwon out there. And it showed. Something I was worried about in the preseason. Soft lb level and safety up the middle

Back
Top Bottom