Dolphins Defensive Line | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Defensive Line

Right now derwin James has an obvious leg up on minkah

Yeah, How so?

Come on man. It’s ok to call it like it is. James was an obvious top 3 rookie of the year on d. Along with the broncos edge and Darius Leonard.

Minkah I don’t think even sniffs top 5. He’s damn good it speaks to how good the class was in fact but let’s be real here. Maybe he takes a leap in year two. He’s gonna have some serious competition.

That class was loaded with elite talents

If we had a perceived need at SS, derwin might have been the pick?

As far as Oliver and the miami miracle, if grandma had balls and all that.

But I'm with you, I'd rarely go safe over ceiling.

He’s doing a lot more than playing strong safety. He’s carrying coverage on size at tight end he’s playing lb he’s playing slot he’s playing boundary even in some packages. And he’s doing it all with a fluidity and explosion and thump that few if any can match. Not to mention elite level range.

I saw some thing where nfl gms were polled about who would be the best defensive player in football in 2 years or maybe it was young best defensive player in 2 years derwin James lead the voting.

He’s doing a lot more than playing strong safety. He’s carrying coverage on size at tight end he’s playing lb he’s playing slot he’s playing boundary even in some packages. And he’s doing it all with a fluidity and explosion and thump that few if any can match. Not to mention elite level range.

I saw some thing where nfl gms were polled about who would be the best defensive player in football in 2 years or maybe it was young best defensive player in 2 years derwin James lead the voting.

Bingo.

Like I said last draft process, we are looking at this generations Sean Taylor. Kid is absolutely elite.

He’s better than Sean Taylor. Taylor couldn’t carry coverage like that nor was as fluid in the hips.

He hits like Taylor and he arrives like Taylor. And he wants to take your soul in tbe process.

It’s the best defensive class I’ve seen in forever. Like maybe ever in terms of how many kids are true difference makers

Guys destined to be top paid at their position after 4 more years and the obvious 5th year option gets sprinted up.

Lol. They’d sign them now to 10 year deals if they could

Loved him coming out.

Great player.

He’s better than Sean Taylor. Taylor couldn’t carry coverage like that nor was as fluid in the hips.

He hits like Taylor and he arrives like Taylor. And he wants to take your soul in tbe process.

I'll never say any safety prospect is better than Sean.

Sean was a ballhawk freak of nature day one in the NFL. He'd be the GOAT if he didn't tragically pass away.

Absolutely he's better than Sean Taylor, one of the most overhyped players in recent memory. The more time goes by since his tragic death the better he gets. But he wasn't that good when he was playing. There's several that were better during the time he played, before and after him.

The ironic thing about all those GM's that were polled is that all the one's voting for Derwin James are the same one's that passed on him. Exactly half of the 32 GM's in the league passed on him.

They didn't like a lot of the negative plays he had on film in college.

Let's hope the ceiling is crazy high as well!
I believe it is, not only as a player, but as a leader, as well.

At that position, the casual fan may not fully appreciate his contribution, though. He may not fill up the stat sheet, yet be very effective.

Absolutely he's better than Sean Taylor, one of the most overhyped players in recent memory. The more time goes by since his tragic death the better he gets. But he wasn't that good when he was playing. There's several that were better during the time he played, before and after him.

The ironic thing about all those GM's that were polled is that all the one's voting for Derwin James are the same one's that passed on him. Exactly half of the 32 GM's in the league passed on him.

They didn't like a lot of the negative plays he had on film in college.

Yeah I think he’s the one guy who passed away and somehow got a lot better. Wierd how that narrative has gone.

Thing about Derwin is he had an outstanding freshman campaign, then didn't do as much from then on. Will that be the same on the NFL?

Yeah that was a good head to head matchup James vrs Minkah..

I chose Minkah in that race..

We didn’t have a shot at Ed Oliver unfortunately..

I doubt we drafted a DT at 13 to play him at DE. That makes no sense at all. He might line up at End from time to time but he's playing inside most of the time.

a DE in a 3-4 is like a DT in a 4-3. He's a penetrating defensive lineman, which excels at the end spot in a 3-4. It'd be foolish to play him in a role as a line stuffer.

To say Akeem Spence is just a guy would be too positive. I’d love to see enough youngsters come in to force him off the 53. He is a progress stopper for where we are in our building cycle.

Disagree. He's unspectacular but reliable. And this could be a format of defense that he thrives in. He's still only 27, too.

Back
Top Bottom