Dolphins Defensive Lineman Kendrick Norton In Critical Condition After Car Accident | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Defensive Lineman Kendrick Norton In Critical Condition After Car Accident

I haven't been in that area for probably 20 years -- but the accident was near Miami International yes? Specifically west of the airport on 836? At first I thought the accident was the ramp area on 826 where you catch 75N.

Anyway I know the insanity of SFL young drivers (and some older ones too) who treat the expressways like raceways...
I was assuming he would have been heading N, but based on your post maybe not?

Was he speeding?

The reports I read said he was cut off. A 2015 Maserati was involved, and no one was hurt.

Only heard this earlier from my Nephew. Main thing. Support and his recovery. Not great to read this. Plus is he's alive. Secondary is his road back. I wish him all the best.

For Norton it is a life changing event and certainly one that ultimately he will realize how fortunate he truly was...... as a Canes/Dolphins fan I am bummed for Kendrick.

Now as a general statement....knowing no details other than he was cut off

Its ridiculous and in my opinion the laws regarding speeding, reckless drinking and unsafe lane changing should carry way more severe punishment....

If you have ever driven on a south Florida highway or interstate you certainly know the kind of moronic, selfish, douchebags that drive these roads.

A driver of a Maserati was involved color me surprised no doubt a arrogant, self indulgent jerk.

Any way speedy recovery Kendrick hope you find your peace.

Ive got to wonder if he had his seatbelt on? The other driver involved in the crash was uninjured yet Norton had to have his arm removed? And he was in a large, well protected truck? It is very difficult to imagine this type of injury even being possible to someone secured in place..remove the seatbelt and all of a sudden he could easily get an arm or leg pinned between a window/door and the ground or other object. It wouldnt even have to be a hard crash and without a belt you could be crushed or maimed...

I think with the info we have you have to assume he was not wearing it. This is tragic but its entirely possible he could have saved his arm and this wouldn't have even been any kind of story at all simply by wearing your damn seatbelt...thinking you're too cool or too manly to wear one can easily cost you your life or in this case your arm

you cant say whether he was wearing a seatbelt or not, when i flipped my truck arm went through my drivers side window on impact because of how i drive, if my window was down like how i used to drive when i smoked in vehicles and my arm was hanging out you never know. so you cant really jump to conclusions about anything involved in wreck other than the young mans life has changed full turn whether it was his fault, not his fault, or whatever the circumstances may be.

I wish it made sense. The only thing I would add is that after Midnight the only cars on the road are cops and taxi cabs. Would this accident have occurred at 7pm? There's not a helluva lot to say once an accident happens. The thinking has to be done before a tragedy occurs and a young athletes life is irrevocably altered. It's a reminder to all of us, when we get behind the wheel to be very, very careful. It's not something you want to be thinking about afterwards. Again, I send strength and prayers his way.

That really sucks for him. Highways are so dangerous nowadays. I've never heard of or even knew this player was on our team. Wish him the best of luck on the recovery.

Terrible news. My prayers are with that young man and his family.

Back
Top Bottom