Dolphins Defensive Lineman Kendrick Norton In Critical Condition After Car Accident | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Defensive Lineman Kendrick Norton In Critical Condition After Car Accident

This type of driving is somewhat part of the problem. Staying in the left lane no matter what, causes drivers that are exceeding the speed limit to go in and out of lanes to get around those that are traveling slower for whatever reason. I travel an hour and a half every day on my commute and I see this problem constantly. Slower traffic should stay to the right, there’s a reason they call the left lane the fast lane. Also they have electronic signs everywhere that says slower traffic keep to the right. If some follow these instructions it would prevent people from swerving in and out of traffic to get to where they need to go. Just my view from behind the wheel.
So, it's people obeying the speed limit, staying in lane, causing morons who drive like maniacs to swerve in and out of lanes who are at fault, and should change?

You talk about following instructions. That's what stay to the right is, it's an instruction. A speed limit is law. Perhaps idiots should stick to the law would be more apt?

Miamifinz, I learned the same lesson. They guy that taught me how to drive said look at that guy in front of you and imagine the stupidest thing they could do. 9 times out of 10 they won't let you down.

So, it's people obeying the speed limit, staying in lane, causing morons who drive like maniacs to swerve in and out of lanes who are at fault, and should change?

You talk about following instructions. That's what stay to the right is, it's an instruction. A speed limit is law. Perhaps idiots should stick to the law would be more apt?
I’m not condoning speeding or reckless driving , It was just my view from behind the wheel.
Easy observation really, But apparently you’re one of those that didn’t read the drivers handbook thoroughly, it’s a law slower traffic must keep to the right. Here’s a little excerpt from it.

In Florida and 44 other states, obstructing traffic in the left lane is against the law. Most states follow the Uniform Vehicle Code and require drivers to keep right if they are going slower than the prevailing speed of traffic, regardless of the speed limit.

Last edited:
I’m not condoning speeding or reckless driving , It was just my view from behind the wheel.
Easy observation really, But apparently you’re one of those that didn’t read the drivers handbook thoroughly, it’s a law slower traffic must keep to the right. Here’s a little excerpt from it.

In Florida and 44 other states, obstructing traffic in the left lane is against the law. Most states follow the Uniform Vehicle Code and require drivers to keep right if they are going slower than the prevailing speed of traffic, regardless of the speed limit.
Well shut me up! Well played, my mistake.

It's super annoying that people don't move over when going slow in the fast lane. Every time I go around someone I give them a stare that just screams " Move over you moron."
Whilst no doubt travelling within the speed limit ;)

Well shut me up! Well played, my mistake.

Most countries have similar laws also. The driving lane is the right hand lane (or possibly the left depending on the county). The opposite lane is for passing slower traffic. Germany is a huge stickler on this law, if you are cruising in the left hand lane you will get a ticket for impeding traffic. It is also a fundamental principle when traveling in "no limit zones", you drive in the right hand lane at speed, move out pass and move over, simply due to the fact someone is going to be moving faster than you regardless of your speed (unless you're the guy in the Bugatti).

The driving advice I got years ago from of all people; was from my younger brother, he said, "Never worry about the guy in front of you, just worry about what your doing behind the wheel." He added, "Once you start worrying about others, you loose concentration and focus on the road." Once that happens, your ability to react to others lessens and the chance of accident goes way up!!!

Most countries have similar laws also. The driving lane is the right hand lane (or possibly the left depending on the county). The opposite lane is for passing slower traffic. Germany is a huge stickler on this law, if you are cruising in the left hand lane you will get a ticket for impeding traffic. It is also a fundamental principle when traveling in "no limit zones", you drive in the right hand lane at speed, move out pass and move over, simply due to the fact someone is going to be moving faster than you regardless of your speed (unless you're the guy in the Bugatti).

You can get a fine and penalty points on your license in the UK now for sitting in the middle/outside lane on motorways. I've never actually met anyone that has been caught, and you still see a lot of people doing it so it doesn't seem to be that well enforced, which is a shame. Its a real bug bear of mine.

The driving advice I got years ago from of all people; was from my younger brother, he said, "Never worry about the guy in front of you, just worry about what your doing behind the wheel." He added, "Once you start worrying about others, you loose concentration and focus on the road." Once that happens, your ability to react to others lessens and the chance of accident goes way up!!!

I'd disagree with this. I'm confident enough in my own abilities behind the wheel. I don't trust what the guy in front is doing as I don't know anything about his driving or his state of mind behind the wheel.

Best advice I got from my old driving instructor was don't trust indicators/blinkers if you're sat at a T-Junction/Cross Roads/Roundabout, always look at what the front wheels are doing.

On the topic though, its a horrifying thing to even think about. I can't imagine how the poor guy is coping; hopefully he has plenty of support around him and I hope the Dolphins do everything they can to help him out.

Looks like the NFL is paying for his medical bills. Great gesture. Wished the dolphins stepped in on that front first though. Maybe there’s some legal reasons?

Looks like the NFL is paying for his medical bills. Great gesture. Wished the dolphins stepped in on that front first though. Maybe there’s some legal reasons?

I mean he is insured through the NFL and the Dolphins. I have to imagine even if it was negligence related (DUI, unlawful speeding/racing) he still would of been covered medically.

The question is will they (NFL/Dolphins) go the extra mile to cover his projected salary for 2019. He likely would of been a longshot to make the team, possible PS.

Back
Top Bottom