Dolphins Defensive Lineman Kendrick Norton In Critical Condition After Car Accident | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Defensive Lineman Kendrick Norton In Critical Condition After Car Accident

This type of driving is somewhat part of the problem. Staying in the left lane no matter what, causes drivers that are exceeding the speed limit to go in and out of lanes to get around those that are traveling slower for whatever reason. I travel an hour and a half every day on my commute and I see this problem constantly. Slower traffic should stay to the right, there’s a reason they call the left lane the fast lane. Also they have electronic signs everywhere that says slower traffic keep to the right. If some follow these instructions it would prevent people from swerving in and out of traffic to get to where they need to go. Just my view from behind the wheel.

Some of the most dangerous people on the road are numbskulls who drive dead ass slow in the passing lane.

Last edited:
So, it's people obeying the speed limit, staying in lane, causing morons who drive like maniacs to swerve in and out of lanes who are at fault, and should change?

You talk about following instructions. That's what stay to the right is, it's an instruction. A speed limit is law. Perhaps idiots should stick to the law would be more apt?

As was already pointed out, driving more slowly than the flow of traffic (even if all of the other traffic is speeding) and remaining in the passing lane is actually against the law here in Florida. When you're driving slowly and people begin passing you on the right hand side, that's a serious hazard and you're essentially creating a mobile road obstacle for everyone else. Including people who are obeying the speed limit. Move over to the right.

What I initially heard about this crash is that Norton was speeding and allegedly racing a Maserati. Now it seems that the final report is that he was just driving like an absolute blockhead. I feel bad for the guy, and I hope he takes some comfort in the knowledge that modern prosthetic technology is currently underdoing some amazing breakthroughs, but most of all I'm glad that no one else was seriously hurt.

Don't drive like a blockhead!

The driving advice I got years ago from of all people; was from my younger brother, he said, "Never worry about the guy in front of you, just worry about what your doing behind the wheel." He added, "Once you start worrying about others, you loose concentration and focus on the road." Once that happens, your ability to react to others lessens and the chance of accident goes way up!!!

I personally think this is terrible advice. Once you're an experienced driver, the act of keeping your car in your lane at the correct rate of speed is very easy. If you are traveling a new or unfamiliar route, always research ahead of time and have a general idea of where you're going, what distances are involved, which exits you need to take, etc.

But if you're not looking at other cars on the road and what the potential hazards are, you're going to get yourself in a bad wreck. For instance, trucks. I see people all the time who drive directly behind rock haulers or directly adjacent to wide load trucks. Why? For what purpose? You're just begging for trouble. How about if you notice that the guy in front of you is randomly tapping his brakes? You going to stay behind that guy? Hell no. I actually recently was behind a guy who was talking to the person next to him and making wild gestures with his hands. He actually didn't have his hands on the steering wheel about half of the time.

Always worry about the other guys on the road, because if you're a good driver who is paying attention, then you shouldn't need to worry about yourself.

Anyway, all I'm saying is, for the sake of yourself, your passengers, and everyone else on the road, try to be a safe driver who is also conscientious of what else is going on in the roadway.

Last edited:
Some of the most dangerous people on the road are numbskulls who drive dead *** slow in the passing lane.

Flat wrong. That's the simplistic angry male theory. The most dangerous drivers are ones who drive well above the speed limit and zig zag from lane to lane if their preferred speed is at all inconvenienced. They take 45 degree angles with inches to spare through those gaps, with no regard to the drivers and cars they are endangering.

I have seen countless accidents occur on freeways. Every one of them has been due to high speed. When someone drives at high speed as a rule, he minimizes margin for error during every evolving situation. Those fast drivers do not limit themselves to left lane. When fast is the tendency it is taken everywhere, with devastating consequence. People who drive fast and ignore speed limits are also the ones who are more likely to ignore basic safety habits like paying attention to the road, remaining sober, and respecting dangerous driving conditions like rain or snow. Whenever there is a forced alteration, like trucks refitted with bars underneath, it is due to idiots who drive far too fast with no regard for anyone but themselves.

This is similar to lots of knucklehead arguments around here. You guys can take your Marino with 7000 yards. I'll laugh. Likewise the notion that too fast causes fewer problems. That is Simpleton 101. Here is the list of Top Causes of Car Accidents. Speed is smack near the top and everything aligned with speed is all around it. Gee, I wonder which type of driver is more likely to run red lights (#7) or run stop signs (#8)? Tough call:

https://seriousaccidents.com/legal-advice/top-causes-of-car-accidents/

Top 25 Causes of Traffic Accidents:

1 Distracted driving

2 Speeding

3 Drunk driving

4 Reckless driving

5 Rain

6 Running red lights

7 Running stop signs

8 Teenage drivers

9 Night driving

10 Design defects

11 Unsafe lane changes

12 Wrong-way driving

13 Improper turns

14 Tailgating

15 Driving under the influence of drugs

16 Ice

17 Snow

18 Road rage

19 Potholes

20 Drowsy driving

21 Tire blowouts

22 Fog

23 Deadly curves

24 Animal crossings

25 Street racing

I'm not surprised at that account. As I mentioned in my post several days ago, that left onramp to the Palmetto Expressway off of Dolphin Expressway comes up very quickly and is not well marked. Basically there is too much of a blend into the foreground, far beyond the norm for a freeway interchange situation. You can't see the dividing barrier until almost upon it. The color scheme really should be changed, along with other amendments. Unless you travel that route frequently it wouldn't be an obvious or understandable need to prepare well ahead of time for that 826 onramp.

I had hoped that Norton was already traveling in the left lane and got cut off by someone making the sharp move left into the southbound onramp. The bottom line would have been the same but at least he could have always rationalized that it wasn't his fault. Now that is not the case. He lost his left arm and ended his career due to reckless driving. I'd like to wager that speed played a role also. Basically I'll wager on excessive speed as contributing factor to any accident. I don't care about details. I'll take my chances.

The speed demon morons on that route often take the Palmetto onramp at far too high a rate than a sweeping onramp is designed for. One of the great shames of law enforcement is that not enough officers are assigned to citing nothing but speeders and reckless drivers in general. Whenever I return from a long trip I always have to apply extra caution once I reach South Florida. Palm Beach County isn't that bad but Dade and Broward are nightmarish. Turn signals are all but ignored. Abrupt lane changes are king.

Flat wrong. That's the simplistic angry male theory. The most dangerous drivers are ones who drive well above the speed limit and zig zag from lane to lane if their preferred speed is at all inconvenienced. They take 45 degree angles with inches to spare through those gaps, with no regard to the drivers and cars they are endangering.

I have seen countless accidents occur on freeways. Every one of them has been due to high speed. When someone drives at high speed as a rule, he minimizes margin for error during every evolving situation. Those fast drivers do not limit themselves to left lane. When fast is the tendency it is taken everywhere, with devastating consequence. People who drive fast and ignore speed limits are also the ones who are more likely to ignore basic safety habits like paying attention to the road, remaining sober, and respecting dangerous driving conditions like rain or snow. Whenever there is a forced alteration, like trucks refitted with bars underneath, it is due to idiots who drive far too fast with no regard for anyone but themselves.

This is similar to lots of knucklehead arguments around here. You guys can take your Marino with 7000 yards. I'll laugh. Likewise the notion that too fast causes fewer problems. That is Simpleton 101. Here is the list of Top Causes of Car Accidents. Speed is smack near the top and everything aligned with speed is all around it. Gee, I wonder which type of driver is more likely to run red lights (#7) or run stop signs (#8)? Tough call:

https://seriousaccidents.com/legal-advice/top-causes-of-car-accidents/

Top 25 Causes of Traffic Accidents:

1 Distracted driving

2 Speeding

3 Drunk driving

4 Reckless driving

5 Rain

6 Running red lights

7 Running stop signs

8 Teenage drivers

9 Night driving

10 Design defects

11 Unsafe lane changes

12 Wrong-way driving

13 Improper turns

14 Tailgating

15 Driving under the influence of drugs

16 Ice

17 Snow

18 Road rage

19 Potholes

20 Drowsy driving

21 Tire blowouts

22 Fog

23 Deadly curves

24 Animal crossings

25 Street racing
Basic diatribe, The law explicitly says slower traffic keep to the right, And why do you think that is. Hint, Suggestion to keep drivers from driving recklessly. But don’t let fact, basic fundamentals of driving, or the law of the road get in the way of your rant.

Basic diatribe, The law explicitly says slower traffic keep to the right, And why do you think that is. Hint, Suggestion to keep drivers from driving recklessly. But don’t let fact, basic fundamentals of driving, or the law of the road get in the way of your rant.
Likewise. People pulling over and speeding past are also breaking the law, so maybe don't ignore that fact. Also which kills more people? Driving in the fast lane at the speed limit, or driving like a lunatic who should be allowed go as fast as they want?

Wish him nothing but the best in life. Prayers, thoughts, and best wishes.

It's great to hear that the team has been so supportive. It makes a serious statement that our coach will take the time to go see a fringe player almost every day. Makes me think Coach Flores will get the most out of every player on the team. Looking forward to the up coming season.

It's great to hear that the team has been so supportive. It makes a serious statement that our coach will take the time to go see a fringe player almost every day. Makes me think Coach Flores will get the most out of every player on the team. Looking forward to the up coming season.
I agree brother.

While there are times I feel the same way Lurking, I have to disagree with you on this one... Which law takes priority? The law that says move over for faster traffic or the law that says Obey the speed limits? is it more important that a car doing 70 pulls over to the right or the car doing 110 slows down???

While there are times I feel the same way Lurking, I have to disagree with you on this one... Which law takes priority? The law that says move over for faster traffic or the law that says Obey the speed limits? is it more important that a car doing 70 pulls over to the right or the car doing 110 slows down???
Well its kind of the same law wrapped into one... The law is telling you: "The speed limit here is whatever, if however you notice that you're the only one adhering to the speed limit, please move over to make it safer for everyone involved"

Like I said earlier in the thread, i’m not condoning speeding or reckless driving. My take is, if the slower traffic stayed to the right ( it’s the law ) they wouldn’t have to move over for faster traffic in the first place. Slower traffic dotted across the highway will promote reckless driving.

Likewise. People pulling over and speeding past are also breaking the law, so maybe don't ignore that fact. Also which kills more people? Driving in the fast lane at the speed limit, or driving like a lunatic who should be allowed go as fast as they want?
I’m not ignoring anything, it’s the law. It doesn’t matter if you’re doing the speed limit or not.
There’s electronic signs that stretch across the highways that say slower traffic must stay to the right. Those aren’t my signs, they’re the states signs. Why is that so hard to figure out.

Bottom line -- there are a LOT of pricks on the road.

Dicks that get in the left lane and seemingly deliberately block the flow.

Creates anger/frustration and bad outcomes...

Then you have others treating the highway like a race course...

And then just a bunch of idiots who really don't know how to drive

yet they're "navigating" obscene SUVs blocking the sun out etc.

It's a mess.

Better to stay home.

:)

Back
Top Bottom