Dolphins defensive TD question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins defensive TD question

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Club Member
Reaction score
In each of the last 3 seasons the Dolphins have created 2 defensive TD's per season

2007 J. Taylor Int, Lehan Fumble Rec
2008 Merling Int, W Allen Int
2009 V Davis Int, J. Taylor Fumble Rec

The current 2010 Dolphins have recorded 1 defensive TD with 3 games left.

2010 Koa Misi Fumble Rec

They have been so close to getting that second one over the last few games.
Heck a case could be made that we should have about 8-10 defensive scores this year
if we could just catch the ball. That being said I feel confident that we get that 2nd defensive TD
over the last 3 games the way our defense is playing.

So here is the question

Which Dolphin defender will be the next to score a TD? Give the player and your reason why.

I'm picking Sean Smith, my reason is that you just can't drop every ball thrown into your chest. Eventually your gonna catch one. And with the position he has been getting on defenders I think he'll be the next to score.
The pass rush has been helping out lately to so there could be an errant throw to help him out.

Ok, let the prognostication begin.

Im not sure about 8-10, but there is the dropped wouldbe pick six by Sapp, the next one by Smith, the next by Carroll, and another by Smith. Thats four definite pick sixes if the guys didnt have hands of stone.

Im not sure about 8-10, but there is the dropped wouldbe pick six by Sapp, the next one by Smith, the next by Carroll, and another by Smith. Thats four definite pick sixes if the guys didnt have hands of stone.

Langford vs the Jets in the 1st game. Thats 5

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason Allen, the first game against the bill should of had a int at the bills 3 yards line and he would of walked in

Jason Allen, the first game against the bill should of had a int at the bills 3 yards line and he would of walked in

So long ago, but you are absolutely right . . . . that may have been the easiest of them all. Would be talking up and down about that one if we would have lost that game.

in the article, when he said jason allen had a dropped pick 6 vs the jets, i assume hes referring to the one in the 4th qtr that was overturned, because it hit the ground? if so, i dont think thats fair to count against him because it was a hard catch to make.

Back
Top Bottom