Dolphins' draft class ranked one of the worst in 2023 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' draft class ranked one of the worst in 2023

I think Miami got good CB in draft.. the rest off players are debatable..only time will tell how 2023 draft class workout

Until ezukanma and Tindall have breakout years this year. Then they'll revisit and say what a fine job we've done...

Edit...just realize I thought this said 2022 draft. Still leaving the comment though

However Cam Smith was arguably the best cb in the sec last 2 years. In a passing league where 3 CBs are primarily on the field it was a steal imo. Devon Achane is the real mccoy...anybody knocking his size never watched him play in college. At all times now we have a safety valve now for tua to dump the ball. McDaniels will also come up with plenty of crafty ways to get him uniquely involved with one on one's with lbs that could take it to the house. Elijah Higgins definitely needs to work on his inline blocking but I think he makes the transition...how long it takes means more to what the dolphins require out of the position. Seibert was one of the best blocking TEs in football last year. Ryan Hayes could be a big time steal as well

Last edited:
Hot Shots Idiot GIF

Yeah if the guy who contributes most from that class is Skylar Thompson then that’s probably not too good
which is ironic cause I thought he's the one that wasn’t going to play....of course he played because of injuries

Reading this thread I think I'm the only one who actually read the article. The dude liked all of our picks, just docked us for losing our #1.

Anyways, who cares.
Yeah, kind of hard to have a great draft with only four picks, with no rd1, and two of them being rd6 and rd7.

Screw the haters - Achane was my favorite pick of the draft. Period.

Told my one of my closest friends who's a Bills fan

"saying it now.. remember the name achane.. if there were a derby for crack heads chasing crack, he'd by the tyrome bigguns and win it.. scary fast and shifty"

Yeah, kind of hard to have a great draft with only four picks, with no rd1, and two of them being rd6 and rd7.
When you give a pick away to sign Bradley Chubb or Ramsey, or numerous picks to sign Tyreek Hill I consider those to be great ****ing draft. I’m sorry but I just don’t look at it the same way.

Someone in the forum thread after the draft termed it (paraphrased) “draft value” vs “draft haul”., which made me rethink my meh feeling about the draft.

Dolphins got good draft value based on the few picks they had.

Dolphins had a poor draft haul considering they had two 2023 firsts going into last season and didn’t have as many lotto tickets to improve themselves as much as other teams.

When you give a pick away to sign Bradley Chubb or Ramsey, or numerous picks to sign Tyreek Hill I consider those to be great ****ing draft. I’m sorry but I just don’t look at it the same way.
That wasn't the context of the article. Those guys weren't drafted by us. The picks are indeed assets, so from that POV we traded low cost unknowns for high cost knowns.

That is more a matter of overall totality of roster building, which most agree, we have done well.

Screw the haters - Achane was my favorite pick of the draft. Period.

Told my one of my closest friends who's a Bills fan

"saying it now.. remember the name achane.. if there were a derby for crack heads chasing crack, he'd by the tyrome bigguns and win it.. scary fast and shifty"
I don’t get it? Is achane a crack head?

They aren’t technically rating it one of the worst. They just want to really emphasize the fact that we lost our first round pick. Kind of like when some douche says we gave up too much for Waddle because we traded back up to 6 before the draft. They have this point that to them sounds really really good so they are going to have tunnel vision and be a douche about it because they think their point is soooo good and they are on a mission to open everyone’s eyes to see their point.

Back
Top Bottom