Dolphins' draft class ranked one of the worst in 2023 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' draft class ranked one of the worst in 2023

Yes Drew Sanders of Arkansas did play outside 2 seasons ago. Last season he moved inside for the most part. He showed the kind of instincts necessary for the position and would fit in well in Fangio’s defense as a movable chess piece. AVG has primarily played outside. Moving inside is a possibility but I haven’t seen him do it yet. Perhaps he can make that transition perhaps he can’t. I just really liked what I saw from Sanders and think mlb is more if a need than corner right now. Time will tell but I did have to factor Grier into the equation.
I really wanted an ILB too but with how bad our secondary went down last year I can't complain. Unlike you, I'm not too high on getting Needham back. Nobody is the same after a blown Achilles. I'm not knocking ya bro, just saying. I'm more high on fangio saving us but agree, we still need an ILB badly.

Who knows at this point.

But some had Smith as a 1st round talent.

So, Miami got a 1st round talent in the 2nd.
In the 3rd drafted a RB who is being universally described a great pick fir Miami.

Add that to Chubb in the 1st
Ramsey in the 3rd.

Take them out.

Getting a potential 1st round talent in the late 2nd, and Achane in the 3rd?

Potential alone. No way you can claim its a bust based on value alone.

Just my opinion.

You have probably just given all our "Lemmings" serious "heart" palpitations.
Dear me. - LOL

Do you ever contribute with a serious post or is it 100% of the time sarcasm?

Of course, I do.

Clearly you haven't bothered to read them, or possibly. they were just "over your head". - LOL

As far as my sarcasm goes - those posts I responded to, had some kind of "short-comings" that IMO needed to be identified.

I'd rather "beat them" with humor, then just rant and rave wildly, without justification. The most common "complaint" I address are in posts that are more full of hyperbole than analysis.

My question to you is this.
Are you a "Lemming" - LOL

Upon analysis you will discover all descriptions justifying my actions can be found in your post i.e. lack of facts, faulty analysis (often due to lack of facts) and hyperbole.

See how it's done, or is this post "over your head"? - LOL

Of course, I do.

Clearly you haven't bothered to read them, or possibly. they were just "over your head". - LOL

As far as my sarcasm goes - those posts I responded to, had some kind of "short-comings" that IMO needed to be identified.

I'd rather "beat them" with humor, then just rant and rave wildly, without justification. The most common "complaint" I address are in posts that are more full of hyperbole than analysis.

My question to you is this.
Are you a "Lemming" - LOL

Upon analysis you will discover all descriptions justifying my actions can be found in your post i.e. lack of facts, faulty analysis (often due to lack of facts) and hyperbole.

See how it's done, or is this post "over your head"? - LOL
I've seen a couple serious posts by you. But mostly it's just sarcasm.

I really wanted an ILB too but with how bad our secondary went down last year I can't complain. Unlike you, I'm not too high on getting Needham back. Nobody is the same after a blown Achilles. I'm not knocking ya bro, just saying. I'm more high on fangio saving us but agree, we still need an ILB badly.

Ya you are correct about the Achilles, Needham may be a year away from being back to his normal self, which was not all that impressive anyway. He was a decent depth guy.

I’ve watched some film on Cam Smith and he’s aggressive but a little too grabby for my liking. They’ll flag him all day in the pros if he doesn’t learn how to use his hand better. He’s still a solid prospect with good potential, so definitely not a reach or a bad pick talent wise, just other need areas were available with similar or even higher quality talent.

Our linebacking corp, particularly in the middle has been dreadful for a while now. I love the acquisition of Long JR. But he’s all we have and has a history with soft tissue injuries. Baker is a HUGE liability and Riley is just a special team quality player. Tindall is still not ready and my never be, he severely lacks instincts and apparently football IQ if it took him the entire season to pick up our playbook. That’s why I preferred Sanders if we were going to go defense. Cam smith might prove to be the correct pick but I have little to no faith in Grier making day 2 picks so that’s causing a significant amount of doubt.

Ya you are correct about the Achilles, Needham may be a year away from being back to his normal self, which was not all that impressive anyway. He was a decent depth guy.

I’ve watched some film on Cam Smith and he’s aggressive but a little too grabby for my liking. They’ll flag him all day in the pros if he doesn’t learn how to use his hand better. He’s still a solid prospect with good potential, so definitely not a reach or a bad pick talent wise, just other need areas were available with similar or even higher quality talent.

Our linebacking corp, particularly in the middle has been dreadful for a while now. I love the acquisition of Long JR. But he’s all we have and has a history with soft tissue injuries. Baker is a HUGE liability and Riley is just a special team quality player. Tindall is still not ready and my never be, he severely lacks instincts and apparently football IQ if it took him the entire season to pick up our playbook. That’s why I preferred Sanders if we were going to go defense. Cam smith might prove to be the correct pick but I have little to no faith in Grier making day 2 picks so that’s causing a significant amount of doubt.
I hear ya. ILB is still a huge need. I really hope we can find one still but not expected

Can’t really argue with them, the cam smith pick was pretty ridiculous. I know corner was thin last year but if we were going defense the pick should’ve been Drew Sanders. Perfect chess piece for Fangio and his defense. Double bonus as it gets baker off if the field more!
Wouldn’t they have drafted that guy if what you’re saying is true?

Back
Top Bottom