Saban “I hate it...” | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban “I hate it...”

Very intriguing. Sounds like a pretty solid player, who has been improving. Versatile and durable. I’m all for it too! I’d be down to just sign him and Thuney. Our guard spots would be locked down for the foreseeable future. The tackle spots obviously need big help still but a round 1 OT would be great. Jesse Davis for now / a RT to develop in the draft- after day 1. Center we can probably get by with Kilgore / Boehm for now with upgrades around them but still wouldn’t be mad about drafting a center this year (next year for sure if we don’t add anyone this year)
You sure you want a developmental RT? I want the best RT they can find...in either round 2 (EARLY) or at 26. I don't care about value at that point except them being the best man for Tua's blind side.

IMO, Tua is indeed brittle (not just his hip, but especially his hip)...and that was caused in the SEC. The NFL is much worse on the body.

You sure you want a developmental RT? I want the best RT they can find...in either round 2 (EARLY) or at 26. I don't care about value at that point except them being the best man for Tua's blind side.

IMO, Tua is indeed brittle (not just his hip, but especially his hip)...and that was caused in the SEC. The NFL is much worse on the body.
Just depends really. I’m not meaning a developmental guy like Isiah Prince, but someone in the 2nd/3rd/4th or so who has potential down the road... feel like we will probably stick it out with Jesse Davis.. I know we need plenty of capable starters but who knows where we start.

Conklin and Thuney and would be my choice for FA OL acquisition, costly but it needs to be done.

Conklin and Thuney and would be my choice for FA OL acquisition, costly but it needs to be done.
Conklin was my top choice. If he isn't road grading, he's suspect as hell on that O line.

doesn't Conklin have injury issues? Plus, the Titans are a few players away from going to a super bowl. No way they let part of their OL leave.

The injury history though...

Spotrac reports his market value at around 11.7M per... I'll tell you one thing, if the Fins start making these kind of moves in FA, they better stop drafting low value positions at the top of the draft... If your going to pay big for running backs and draft DTs in the 1st round, it will not end well.

doesn't Conklin have injury issues? Plus, the Titans are a few players away from going to a super bowl. No way they let part of their OL leave.

He hurt his knee in a playoff game in January of 2018 I think, came back super fast to play most of 2018 regular season but didnt perform well. The Titans didnt pick up his 5th year option and then he rebounded now a year removed from injury and played his normal efficient self in 2019/20. They dont have a ton of cap space and some big FAs outside of Henry, Thill and Conklin. That might have been their window to win.

Spotrac reports his market value at around 11.7M per... I'll tell you one thing, if the Fins start making these kind of moves in FA, they better stop drafting low value positions at the top of the draft... If your going to pay big for running backs and draft DTs in the 1st round, it will not end well.

No way I would pay him that, no chance. I’m really not interested at all honestly...

What do you guys think about LB, edge, Matt Judon ?

Have to pry away from the Ravens (but we got plenty $$$ )

Absolutely no way with the year Melvin Gordon had will he get 11.7 mil a year. Foolish for him when he turned down the 10 mil a year last off-season.

I bet Melvin Gordon signs a 2 year (option for the 2nd year) “prove it deal.”

Back
Top Bottom