Saban “I hate it...” | Page 150 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban “I hate it...”

I have made this point before... Safeties, especially box-safety SS types do not command a great deal of money and should NOT NOT NOT be drafted with high draft picks. It is a cheap position.

I have made this point before... Safeties, especially box-safety SS types do not command a great deal of money and should NOT NOT NOT be drafted with high draft picks. It is a cheap position.
Agree. Same goes for DTs and RBs

Agree. Same goes for DTs and RBs

DTs change games when they are dominant. They certainly shouldn’t be lumped into a group with SS and RB.

Aaron Donald, Fletcher Cox, Chris Jones change games single handidly.

Vince Wilfork made our lives a nightmare for a decade.

Tim Bowens did it to others as well.

DTs are critical when they have talent and a motor.

Jaguars had a excellent defense for awhile a decade ago due in large part to the Henderson/Stroud combo.

For instance... we need a nose... and we'll get him on the third day.
But DTs in a base 4-3 are key.

DTs change games when they are dominant. They certainly shouldn’t be lumped into a group with SS and RB.

Jaguars had a excellent defense for awhile a decade ago due in large part to the Henderson/Stroud combo.

DT's who can consistently impact the QB are rare. If a DT doesn't consistently impact the QB, he is easily replaceable. Most DT's are easily replaceable.

If the DT is a guy who disrupts the QB to a high level then yes but how many are out there? And Wilkins is not one of them. Was not a fan of that pick but that’s not relevant

Yeah, I saw that on NFL.com this morning, and basically a week ago. Who gives a ****? Not you, the NFL. I care about the picks and listening to guys analyze, predict and rate the picks. Not as much since Mayock decided to be a traitor though

I don't give two doodoos about seeing the draft picks when they're drafted.

DTs are also valuable if they can stop the run, while staying in on passing downs. They don't have to be high sack guys, just collapse the pocket enough to flush the QB. You need tackles to occupy the center of the line while your blitzers run wild. When you are building a team from scratch... which we were, you've got to get a guy like Wilkins to build around. Done... we don't need another.

Back
Top Bottom