Dolphins Draft Strategy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Draft Strategy

NEW-ERA-PHIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
1st Pick:
1. Cutler if he is available and has a good senior bowl and workout
2. If Cutler is gone, or the Phins dont like him, look for a dropping star on DEF like a Chad Greenway, etc.
3. If no DEF stars drop and Cutler is gone, then look for the Phins to trade down in the draft anbd try and pick up another 2nd, 3rd, or 4th this year or next.
4. The reason...after Ferguson, the spread between Winson Justice, Eric Winston, Marcus McNeil, and Jon Scott is very thin and all 4 should be availble at 16. I would move back and nab one of them later in the first and pick up an extra pick.

I think an ideal would be to drop in the draft, pick a 2nd or 3rd rounder next year, and then use our extra 2007 pick, our 2007 first, and maybe a 2008 pick to move up to 1 or 2 next year and grab Brady Quinn. I think he is a cant miss NFL prospect. It is agaist Sabans philosophy to give up a lot of picks for player but if the phins another good draft this year and can address the OT, CB, DT, and LB position this year, we could give up more next year and pick up a franchise QB like Quinn.

im not sure about you guys but the last thing iw ant on this club is a lineman from um i.e vernon carey etc etc...anyways i dont think we need to take a lb at 16 when there will be some good one s later in the 3rd rd...we need to get a db or safety...players like anotino cromartie from fus he is 6'3 perfect sit for saban new hitting and tackling db...or jimmy williams if he is there or perhaps huff...:dolphins:

Cromartie a good pick...but not in 1st

I like Cromartie. But I think he would be a reach in the first becaus of his injury. I would love Cromartie in the second, picking up an OT in the first. Like i said earlier, dropping back in the 1st and picking up a 2nd or 3rd would be huge for the Phins.

My ideal draft for the first three rounds:
1. Jon Scott/Eric Winston/Marcus MCneil/Winston Justice
2. Cromartie/Gabe Watson/Kelly Jennings
3. AJ Nicholson/Eslinger/Mike Degory

either way, we need to come out of the first 3 rounds with a OT, CB, and/or C/DT. QB if available but most likely FA or 4 round or later for a QB if Cutler is gone.

Not sure about Cutler. Not sure about any QB in the first. We all know they will most likely sit and watch for a year or two. I'd rather take a QB later and let him develop and grab a gamechanger in the first. Someone who has a better chance to startr next year like Greenway/Huff/Scott/Justice/McNeil. I want our first round pick to improve us immediately. If Cutler is all he is being hyped up to be then I would take him but we are not going to see the benefit of this player for at least a year. Saban doesn't like the risk invloved with QBs in the first round unless they are surefire starters which he stated in his PC. I think he is looking to help the team immediately instead of down the road.Just my opinion

even if Saban is not that high on Cutler...the next best pick which would probablly be Omar Jacobs will be gone not later than early third.

Even if we dont go QB in round one it would be utterly insane not to go for one on the first day..

1. Cutler if he is there AND if Saban is VERY confident that he can be a franchise QB
2. Winston Justice (the spread between him and the other OT's is NOT thin, he's MUCH closer to D'Brick then he is to the rest of the OT's, in fact I think he will be better than Ferguson).
3. Huff
4. Trade down and take Cromartie

Back
Top Bottom