Dolphins draft strategy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins draft strategy

They should concentrate on building the lines of scrimmage.

QB obviously, but beyond that they should load up on big boys in FA and the Draft.

I would like to see 2 OL starters added in FA and at least 1 of their picks in the Top 70 used there as well.

I would like to see 1 DL starter added in FA and 1-2 more drafted among those early picks.

This off season should be about finding the QB(if possible)and building strength on the lines.

Ignore the offensive skill positions until Day 3, maybe target a solid(and inexpensive) RB in FA.

Miss out on Jay Ajayi?

I was just picking a random mid round guy at a position we need, and chose a player we'd all recognize. Much like I did with Richard Sherman.

Did you misunderstand the context of which I said "miss out on Jay Ajayi"?

I was just picking a random mid round guy at a position we need, and chose a player we'd all recognize. Much like I did with Richard Sherman.

Did you misunderstand the context of which I said "miss out on Jay Ajayi"?

I'm not trying to get into it with you LOL -- I just found it odd that you chose a player that we actually drafted with the 149th pick of the 2015 NFL draft to make your point.

I'm not trying to get into it with you LOL -- I just found it odd that you chose a player that we actually drafted with the 149th pick of the 2015 NFL draft to make your point.

Which is what i explained what I did. It wasn't a snipe or a joke - did you misunderstand the context surrounding my statement? I'm not trying to "get into it with you", I'm trying to communicate a point :)

Assuming we don’t get it in free agency I want a qb and a left tackle at 18 with our top 2 picks. Give me that and I will gladly move on to day 2.

Josh jones short arms I don’t know I can pull that trigger at 18. Be shocked if something tackle wise fell in our laps higher rated there.

Assuming we don’t get it in free agency I want a qb and a left tackle at 18 with our top 2 picks. Give me that and I will gladly move on to day 2.

Josh jones short arms I don’t know I can pull that trigger at 18. Be shocked if something tackle wise fell in our laps higher rated there.
Thats kind of what I'm hoping for too.... and the LT market is pretty old or just not that great. Drafting one makes the most sense, whichever one makes it to us. IF we end up with 3 firsts that 26 pick being Chaisson would be pretty nice

'Pure' BPA does not exist , no team would be so short-sighted, but a 'modified BPA' or 'BPA-light' approach is for teams with no holes, not teams with holes everywhere. Yes we have to be open-minded and not pencil in positions at picks, but there has to be an understanding that certain positions have priority and within those positions certain types of players are prioritised. Thos priorities will be fluid and will change with every pick made.

'Pure' BPA does not exist , no team would be so short-sighted, but a 'modified BPA' or 'BPA-light' approach is for teams with no holes, not teams with holes everywhere. Yes we have to be open-minded and not pencil in positions at picks, but there has to be an understanding that certain positions have priority and within those positions certain types of players are prioritised. Thos priorities will be fluid and will change with every pick made.

DING DING
I've stated a few times - which team does or has ever drafted pure BPA through a draft and over several drafts? None. There's a reason for that.

After we use the #5 on Tua we better build a monster o-line to protect our investment. RT will be of major importance and I just don't think Davis is good enough for the spot. I'd kick Davis back to RG and draft a stud RT. I'd make sure to snag Tyler Biadasz, Center, Wis. Now you've got a powerful anchor who blasts open holes in the run game and can pass protect. Michael Dieter played with Biadasz at Wis. so they have comfort with each other. I'm thinking get a LT in FA, then Dieter, Biadasz, Davis and a new RT through the draft. I've seen Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville mocked to us in a few places. Maybe hang onto Kilgore and Boehm for depth. That just might work out but there's a lot of work to be done.

DING DING
I've stated a few times - which team does or has ever drafted pure BPA through a draft and over several drafts? None. There's a reason for that.
As I've also stated, BPA when comparing two completely different positions is rarely, if ever, that clear cut. Particularly after the first 10 or so picks.

I'm more inclined to the "tier of talent" philosophy, than a concrete order of individual players.

If you are talking about players of the same position, thats a different question.

Last edited:
As I've also stated, BPA when comparing to completely different positions is rarely, if ever, that clear cut. Particularly after the first 10 or so picks.

I'm more inclined to the "tier of talent" philosophy, than a concrete order of individual players.

If you are talking about players of the same position, thats a different question.
Right on!

Thats kind of what I'm hoping for too.... and the LT market is pretty old or just not that great. Drafting one makes the most sense, whichever one makes it to us. IF we end up with 3 firsts that 26 pick being Chaisson would be pretty nice

As I've also stated, BPA when comparing two completely different positions is rarely, if ever, that clear cut. Particularly after the first 10 or so picks.

All of the above made points are my mindset as well. Two of the most important positions in football, especially in a rebuild like this, and it's gotta be priority #1. But, not in the face of the rebuild itself. No one player is above it. Well said!

I’m still trying to find that target left tackle at 18. Not sure I’ve found it yet.

Back
Top Bottom