Dolphins draft strategy | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins draft strategy

As I've also stated, BPA when comparing two completely different positions is rarely, if ever, that clear cut. Particularly after the first 10 or so picks.

I'm more inclined to the "tier of talent" philosophy, than a concrete order of individual players.

If you are talking about players of the same position, thats a different question.

Agree. 2 comments.
1) too often, whe n people advocate BPA, they mean BPA on THEIR list, not by the team's list.
2) some people don't like the word, but BPA includes 'fit.' It includes interviews, wonderlik - things fans don't see. I'm BPA at position of need

Assuming we don’t get it in free agency I want a qb and a left tackle at 18 with our top 2 picks. Give me that and I will gladly move on to day 2.

Josh jones short arms I don’t know I can pull that trigger at 18. Be shocked if something tackle wise fell in our laps higher rated there.

6-5 1/8, 311 pounds, 10 1/8 inch hands., 33 5/8 inch arms and a wingspan of over 80 inches is what he measured at Senior Bowl.

6-5 1/8, 311 pounds, 10 1/8 inch hands., 33 5/8 inch arms and a wingspan of over 80 inches is what he measured at Senior Bowl.

Wierd. Jeremiah said he had 32 inch arms. Guess I should have verified that. Feel better about 33 and 5/8

After we use the #5 on Tua we better build a monster o-line to protect our investment. RT will be of major importance and I just don't think Davis is good enough for the spot. I'd kick Davis back to RG and draft a stud RT. I'd make sure to snag Tyler Biadasz, Center, Wis. Now you've got a powerful anchor who blasts open holes in the run game and can pass protect. Michael Dieter played with Biadasz at Wis. so they have comfort with each other. I'm thinking get a LT in FA, then Dieter, Biadasz, Davis and a new RT through the draft. I've seen Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville mocked to us in a few places. Maybe hang onto Kilgore and Boehm for depth. That just might work out but there's a lot of work to be done.

Word is Bladasz is going to take an epic fall on Draft Day. Bad tape and a bad hip might push him to day three.

So good your said it twice. In terms of feedback, I love it, I'm thinking though we have to go CB instead of one of your safeties there though as the drop off in this CB class seems pretty steep, think we can get a Blackmon or JR Reid lower do to still get 2 safeties which we need out of this but we also desperately need at least one CB (two if the Howard situation is serious).

Assuming we don’t get it in free agency I want a qb and a left tackle at 18 with our top 2 picks. Give me that and I will gladly move on to day 2.

Josh jones short arms I don’t know I can pull that trigger at 18. Be shocked if something tackle wise fell in our laps higher rated there.

A LT at 18? Seems counterproductive that we trade our top 10 LT to roll the dice on one mid first round. I mean, I agree but just find the dumping of talent and not playing Rosen so ridiculously stupid I can’t seem to get over it

Back
Top Bottom