Dolphins draft strategy | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins draft strategy

I think you missed the point of the article. Spending 100 million on 7 top athletes would be the same short term fix the holes approach that has failed repeatedly. We want to maximize value by acquiring available players that raise the talent level of the team, we want to retain players that will be valuable over 4 to 6 year periods, we want to take well thought out risks on draft picks that will be valuable over the long term, and we want to invest where we have skimped in the past.
Miami more or less has all of the incentive In The world to spend.
The bargaining agreement is getting reworked and rookie salary scales are about to change.
We are going after a whole bunch of players this off season - we will trade too - it’s going to be a wild ride...,

If Fitzpatrick is the QB this year the dolphins need a running game, I wouldn't trust anyone in this draft to significantly upgrade the offence, if the best player available maybe RB, QB is no good unless he can make plays on his own, so skill player trumps O-line eary in the draft IMO

DING DING
I've stated a few times - which team does or has ever drafted pure BPA through a draft and over several drafts? None. There's a reason for that.

I would add that the BPA is a presumption, hopefully based on knowledge of previous performance and history of what kind of players make the transition to the NFL the best. In other words, successful drafting experience.

It can be difficult to impossible to compare an offensive BPA to a defensive BPA. I would say we want the best player we can get that will make the biggest improvement to the team as a unit.

An example might be when looking at the offensive line, if we have an average Center and a good RT and there are good Centers and good RT's available when our turn to draft comes up, we would pick the good Center because that would be an upgrade vs. replacing a good RT with a good RT, which would be maintaining the current status (better then getting worse, but not as good as improving).

Considering that probably only 1/2 of all those we draft will be successful, this approach is even more critical.

Which is what i explained what I did. It wasn't a snipe or a joke - did you misunderstand the context surrounding my statement? I'm not trying to "get into it with you", I'm trying to communicate a point :)
Next time, use Terrell Davis.

Back
Top Bottom