Dolphins draft strategy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins draft strategy

I don't think the writer of the article has amy more insight than some here at Finheaven, TBH.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that O-line is the primary unit that needs to be addressed.

One thing the story is correct about, is that every shortcoming can not be solved in one offseason.

Aside from the line, a solid edge would seem to be imperative.

BPA, BPA, BPA....there is no reason that’s not the case for us.
Agreed 100% with holes everywhere in the line up, the Dolphins need the best player available when their pick is made. stock pile talent this draft regardless of position, although it would be smart to go after skill players first, with some of the early picks.

I usually argue for a modified BPA approach.

If the best player available is a Wide Receiver when we pick, I'd pass on that since our unit is pretty good and pretty young already... or if we've taken a clear Left Tackle prospect with our first pick, we shouldn't take a second one if that's what there when we make our second choice.

You've got to balance your needs with BPA.

I think Miami's biggest issue has been being a slave to need, at least as far as the draft is concerned. You could almost predict who the Dolphins would take by examining their needs.

Right now, with virtually no position set, Miami should get the best player available with each pick.

Of course, the underlying problem has been quarterback.

I don't think the writer of the article has amy more insight than some here at Finheaven, TBH.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that O-line is the primary unit that needs to be addressed.

One thing the story is correct about, is that every shortcoming can not be solved in one offseason.

I will say this Mach, if this team did nothing else but QB, RB and all the rest on the OLine and DE in this draft I’d be ecstatic

Go QB BPA first then straight up BPA RB, OL, DE and S. I know that makes it seem like I'm not understanding BPA but I think clearly you have a hybrid model based upon the holes you have on your team.

I will say this Mach, if this team did nothing else but QB, RB and all the rest on the OLine and DE in this draft I’d be ecstatic

People say this but when Miami drafts the #19 Offensive Tackle in the 4th round and skips over, say, a RB or CB they have a good look at, then you (well, fans) are mad when we miss out on Jay Ajayi and Richard Sherman, ya know?

BPA BPA BPA BPA

We are in such dire need you obviously prioritize a few OL on your needs chart but you otherwise look for talent absolutely everywhere. thats how you win.

Go QB BPA first then straight up BPA RB, OL, DE and S. I know that makes it seem like I'm not understanding BPA but I think clearly you have a hybrid model based upon the holes you have on your team.
way too early. what was done in free agency? qb at 5 because that was the entire 2019 was all about.
what if we get Gordon? What if we sign linemen?

People say this but when Miami drafts the #19 Offensive Tackle in the 4th round and skips over, say, a RB or CB they have a good look at, then you (well, fans) are mad when we miss out on Jay Ajayi and Richard Sherman, ya know?

BPA BPA BPA BPA

We are in such dire need you obviously prioritize a few OL on your needs chart but you otherwise look for talent absolutely everywhere. thats how you win.

Miss out on Jay Ajayi?

I am very confident Flores will have his hands DEEP in the draft clay
and obviously has both connections and a very good feel for talent
evaluation... That said our draft is going to mirror his design
in terms of position and priority.

On O that means (IMO):
WR (speed + quicks) has to be in the mix.
OL has to be in the mix.
RB has to be in the mix.

CB/DB has to be in the mix.
Edge has to be in the mix.
LB has to be in the mix.

If you add QB to the above -- it's pretty easy to see we have
a number of priorities to address -- and with the number of picks
we have -- I would think Flores would look for the BEST player
on the board that addresses one of our priorities.

Beyond that -- I am sure we have the priorities listed in order of
importance to value weight the decision -- so positions like CB
Edge and OT and maybe WR will get the first look?

And... as with last year -- with Flo and co. don't count out UDFA
because we did some outstanding fishing in those waters last April.

Certainly should be a HUGE bounty landed by 2020 mini camp!

BPA BPA BPA BPA

Well, people say what they want, I’m different from other people, it’s what I want. Priorities need to be on the OLine and DE position.

I disagree
In today’s NFL - 100 million plus to spend and 7 of the top 100 athletes/players out of college - 15 total draft picks - plus 10 to 15 quality players...Xavien Howard, Gisecki, Parker, Rowe, and so on...

this team is poised to take the league by storm.

this is strange to say but COACHING is SO MUCH of the difference...

also team building...

Miami will make a run for it this coming season!!!!

Back
Top Bottom