Dolphins DT Zach Sieler vs Cincinnati (VIDEO) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins DT Zach Sieler vs Cincinnati (VIDEO)

Like what I saw, definitely plays hungry and biggest note for him is he played everything from 0 technique to 5 technique. Versatility is what the staff has asked for and he seems to have it in spades. I do not evaluate NFL talent but he seems to have traits you like to see, very active with his hands in that he is quick to engage so he gains leverage moves them well to disengage and his eyes are always up as you see with the two batted passes and ability to stop the run for minimal gain. Never seemed preoccupied with his assignment seems to play it with an understanding of the whole defensive concept.

Look at the play were the RB went to the right near the end and he stayed put held the backside sliding down the line then aggressively went and made the tackle once his contain was no longer needed, so many young players just bust down the line and lose contain, that is where you get gashed for big plays.

Headsy guy I can see why they like him, NE will game plan but keep your eyes open for flashes. Cant hold down active players for a whole game.

Last edited:
Like what I saw, definitely plays hungry and biggest note for him is he played everything from 0 technique to 5 technique. Versatility is what the staff has asked for and he seems to have it in spades. I do not evaluate NFL talent but he seems to have traits you like to see, very active with his hands in that he is quick to engage so he gains leverage moves them well to disengage and his eyes are always up as you see with the two batted passes and ability to stop the run for minimal gain. Never seemed preoccupied with his assignment seems to play it with an understanding of the whole defensive concept.

Look at the play were the RB went to the right near the end and he stayed put held the backside sliding down the line then aggressively went and made the tackle once his contain was no longer needed, so many young players just bust down the line and lose contain, that is where you get gashed for big plays.

Headsy guy I can see why they like him, NE will game plan but keep your eyes open for flashes. Cant hold down active players for a whole game.

I'm not so sure NE will exert much effort game-planning for Seiler. Off a PS 2 weeks ago with one good game. Not down-playing him - he looks good. But it takes more than one game for any DC to pay much attention. I hope not.

Read an interview with DC Graham a couple of days ago in which he tells Wilkins all the time to see his hands in front of his face.

Sieler does an excellent job of that in these clips and extending his arms allowing him to shed blocks and bat down a pass.

Looks like Miami found a tire with some tread on it. I look forward to seeing how he does this week.

I'm not so sure NE will exert much effort game-planning for Seiler. Off a PS 2 weeks ago with one good game. Not down-playing him - he looks good. But it takes more than one game for any DC to pay much attention. I hope not.

Well I dont mean specially him but more so up the middle which is where any of the D-line talent and pass rush is. They will plan to make sure that stays clean, which shouldn't be hard because I think their LG and RG are both highly rated pass blocking guys.

Suh and Phillips did this routinely and drove me mad. Constantly gave up huge lanes once the defender(through scouting) invited them up field.
It's the type of stuff that gets you waved/traded in NE. They don't play that crap!

Suh and Phillips did this routinely and drove me mad. Constantly gave up huge lanes once the defender(through scouting) invited them up field.
It's the type of stuff that gets you waved/traded in NE. They don't play that crap!

Staying sound in your assignments isnt as sexy as big hits or TFL but it wins a lot of football games. Consistently putting a team in 2nd and 9 beats the 1 out of 10 chance of getting them to 2nd and 11 by leaving your assignment.

Staying sound in your assignments isnt as sexy as big hits or TFL but it wins a lot of football games. Consistently putting a team in 2nd and 9 beats the 1 out of 10 chance of getting them to 2nd and 11 by leaving your assignment.

It's really true what they say in a team sport like football and NE phiolosphy of "Do your damn job!"
When the entire DL/OL isn't on the same page playing the same techinque it practically effects the entire defense.

I'm not getting flashbacks of Taco's good first game or two.

So, that's a positive sign.

Baltimore's scouting department is world class. He may have been cut out of roster need necessity.

Hopefully he becomes a contributor.

Sometimes these young guys just need an opportunity to show what they can do in a game. It must be very frustrating to get cut and told that we'll still put you on the practice squad if you clear waivers. Full marks to Grier's team for pouncing on him. Zach Sieler looks an excellent addition. With Wilkins and Godchaux we have a bit of talent emerging at DT. Now we just need to find a DE pass rusher...

im wondering Cincy's offensive line just sucks, or if Seiler was just good lol.

We will see tomorrow. Either he will keep people excited, or no one will talk about him anymore.

Back
Top Bottom