Dolphins Executive Hits The Scouting Road In Search Of "playmakers" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Executive Hits The Scouting Road In Search Of "playmakers"

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_11415301.jpg

The 2019 NFL season hasn’t even kicked off yet and the Miami Dolphins, just like every other pro organization, are already off and running looking for next year’s talent. College football gets underway in 8 days when the University of Miami squares off against the University of Florida — but practices and two-a-days can provide plenty of insight into college prospects, too.

That’s exactly what Miami Dolphins executive Reggie McKenzie is banking on — he visited the University of Tennessee earlier this week and spoke briefly with the Vols social media team on what exactly he’s looking to gain in visiting a summer practice.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...ts-the-scouting-road-in-search-of-playmakers/

Excuse my ignorance. I knew that he was in the Dolphins organization but I didn't understand his role. Is Reggie purely focused on analyzing college players? Pretty unusual for a fairly successful former GM to just focus on college players on the horizon. In a way it sounds like it's a top scouting role.

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance. I knew that he was in the Dolphins organization but I didn't understand what his role. Is Reggie's role purely focused on analyzing college players? Pretty unusual for a fairly successful former GM to just focus on college players on the horizon. In a way it sounds like it's a top scouting role.

Kind of vague...

Reggie McKenzie’s addition to the Miami Dolphins personnel department as a senior personnel executive over the weekend was met with resounding approval around the NFL.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article226425485.html#storylink=cpy

Excuse my ignorance. I knew that he was in the Dolphins organization but I didn't understand what his role. Is Reggie's role purely focused on analyzing college players? Pretty unusual for a fairly successful former GM to just focus on college players on the horizon. In a way it sounds like it's a top scouting role.
I think that where we need to focus on building this team up is from the draft and landing some key undrafted players. He hit on some very good players:

In Oakland, McKenzie oversaw an immense rebuild and was responsible for drafting four Pro Bowlers: Derek Carr, Amari Cooper, Khalil Mack and Latavius Murray.

Like I said, they have guys all over the country observing practices and talking to people. Getting a head start on all these players they need to be evaluating. The Dolphins representation has been very visible at campuses all over the country. This wasn't happening before.

Reggie knows people and has connections within the Vols athletic department. His son Kahlil was playing DT at Tennessee a couple of years ago for Butch Jones.

From the SEC all the way to the MWC - they have boots on the ground. And it's how you start giving yourself the best chance to be successful at evaluating and drafting talent.

Like I said, they have guys all over the country observing practices and talking to people. Getting a head start on all these players they need to be evaluating. The Dolphins representation has been very visible at campuses all over the country. This wasn't happening before.

Reggie knows people and has connections within the Vols athletic department. His son Kahlil was playing DT at Tennessee a couple of years ago for Butch Jones.

From the SEC all the way to the MWC - they have boots on the ground. And it's how you start giving yourself the best chance to be successful at evaluating and drafting talent.
Nice post brother.

Yep. Miami has had to revamp scouting. There was and has been a lot of disconnect in the scouting

I'm all for new blood and a new approach. It just wasn't working before.

You can have all the scouting in the world, but you still need a trigger man (GM) who can process information and make the best decision with a broad understanding and ability to make a good decision.

Back
Top Bottom