Dolphins expect “better dividends” from Jamar Taylor in 2014 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins expect “better dividends” from Jamar Taylor in 2014

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Dolphins drafted a pair of cornerbacks in the first three rounds of the NFL draft, but got just 14 games combined out of them.
Second-round pick Jamar Taylor played nine games and third-rounder Will Davis got into just five as the Dolphins largely went with Brent Grimes, Nolan Carroll and Jimmy Wilsonat the corners this season. Barry Jackson of theMiami Herald spoke to a Dolphins staffer who said Davis needs “to develop mentally and physically” before he’ll be able to help the team on defense.
Hopes are higher for Taylor. The Dolphins source told Jackson that the team expects “better dividends” from Taylor in 2014 as he’ll be further removed from the sports hernia surgery that limited him in his rookie season.
Getting those dividends may be vital for the Dolphins defense. Grimes and Carroll are both free agents while Dimitri Patterson is seen as a likely cap casualty thanks to his $5.4 million salary and 10 missed games during the 2013 season. Grimes is a franchise tag candidate if a longer deal can’t be worked out and the other two may return as well, but there will be pressure on the two 2013 draftees to make some strides whether or not the Dolphins do decide to go younger.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-better-dividends-from-jamar-taylor-in-2014/

Well right now Jammar taylor is like a penny stock. Any dividend they can get out of him is an improvement since they got nothing out of him last year.
The only way he could be worse if he didn't play at all

I love how they just poach Barry Jackson's article pretty much

Improving on 2013 shouldn't be very difficult for Taylor.
Sure would be nice to see him challenge for at starting position like you would expect from a second round pick

taylors got nice tools...good strength...solid feet...pretty good in off coverage...rookie year was pretty much wiped out...i would expect a better showing from him in 2014...he's one of the few guys in our last class that i saw enough to actually believe in potentially being a true difference maker

taylors got nice tools...good strength...solid feet...pretty good in off coverage...rookie year was pretty much wiped out...i would expect a better showing from him in 2014...he's one of the few guys in our last class that i saw enough to actually believe in potentially being a true difference maker

I remember when we talked about Taylor last preseason. I thought he would be a starter by the bye but, any chance of that was wiped out by injury. Not sure if you were that high on him but, you did like him as well.

He's the main reason I want to cut Patterson. He needs to get on the field, and I keep Carroll as some insurance.

Back
Top Bottom