Dolphins expect to carry over roughly $2.2 million in cap space into 2022 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins expect to carry over roughly $2.2 million in cap space into 2022

If 100M can't buy you an Oline then were all Fuvked!

More money for Miami to spend. Grier will get you picks and money… but turning them into stud players….
Good point. I know we rightfully beat him up over some of the picks, the FA moves etc. We also credit him pretty well for some of the big hits like Holland, Waddle, Phillips, Jones, etc. I think he really deserves some credit for our cap room situation. Our cap was hot trash just a few years back coming from TBum. Now we have the most money to spend. He deserves the hits but he also deserves a smidge of praise. NOW SPEND IT WELL!

Grier helped up get the 70 mil. He's the main architect behind that. Not saying if he's good or bad but it's great because he got us in that spot.
Stick him in charge of finance then. I'm down with that. Talent spotting? He dodged the preverbial bullet with the last draft. He should be giving Waddle, Phillips and Holland lifetime contracts because they saved his butt.

How aboutjust sign an OL coach that's worth a snap? Draft, sign, draft, sign.... WTF about the players we already have?

Grier helped up get the 70 mil. He's the main architect behind that. Not saying if he's good or bad but it's great because he got us in that spot.
Right. Now Miami has had trouble drafting offensive lineman, so free agency makes sense there.

Maybe with a better offensive line coach, some of the Dolphins young linemen will step their games up. I thought Eichenberg and Deiter had some good games. Maybe they are serviceable starters, while the team upgrades the offensive tackle positions.

One guy I've been thinking the next HC won't necessarily be tied to is Byron Jones. He's making a lot of money for someone who doesn't really create turnovers and is our second best corner.

Not sure if moving him would create any extra space though.

One guy I've been thinking the next HC won't necessarily be tied to is Byron Jones. He's making a lot of money for someone who doesn't really create turnovers and is our second best corner.

Would be hard to move on that contract I would think.

Also, having a really good no 2 is important. We haven’t had that since Surtain and Madison. All of those years until last season where CB no 2 gets beat on every 3rd down play was beyond aggravating. Until money becomes an issue I’m keeping him and X.

We have 28 FAs - 20 UFAs, 6 RFAs and 2 ERFAs. A lot of guys we want to resign like Ogbah, Gesicki, Needham, Duke

That's great...if we had a better GM.
Well if grier can duplicate his drafting success on the offense for 2022 like he did for defense on 2021, miami would be good. Tho I really do like Waddle. I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg of Waddle too. The guy can get open all over the field, need the line to give time and Tua or offense set so deeper passes to him. Then we'll see a much higher ypc average and much more yards next season. I think other wrs along side that are good will help give him more space after the catch to run too. Defenses are so focused on him, because he's miami's best threat, but also because miami doesn't really have any other threat to take focus away either

Hard to move that contract, but we can restructure it to make it more cap friendly. He is a solid corner and a great #2 to Xavien Howard.

Hard to move that contract, but we can restructure it to make it more cap friendly. He is a solid corner and a great #2 to Xavien Howard.
While I understand what you are saying, and agree you need two good corners, I disagree that his contract is an albatross at this point.

It was an overpay to an extent when it was signed, but as salaries rise (and there is no doubt they have, and will continue to do so), his contract is not ridiculous at this time.

I think his actual value to the Dolphins is dependant on the scheme we use with a new staff.

My preference is to keep Boyer and crew, but it really depends on what scheme the next HC is comfortable with.

Not too many guys run as much "man", or blitz heavy defense as Flo.

Back
Top Bottom