Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Expected To Explore Dealing Qb Ryan Tannehill

That story originated from Barry Jackson's article .

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article223734585.html

The Dolphins are expected to explore trading Ryan Tannehill, who likely won’t be back.

But what could they realistically get in return?

I asked two longtime NFL executives and both said Miami should expect nothing more than a mid-round pick.

One veteran NFL general manager said potentially a fourth-rounder but noted there’s a looming complication involving his agent, Pat Dye.
As that GM explained, a team trading for Tannehill might want permission to speak with Dye to gauge Tannehill’s willingness to renegotiate his contract before making the trade and then reduce the $18.7 million and $19.5 million he’s owed each of the next two seasons. (That salary is not guaranteed.) That contract also carries onerous cap hits of $26.6 million and $25.1 million in 2019 and 2020.

The problem with that, the GM said, is that Tannehill and Dye might balk at a paycut and instead indirectly pressure the Dolphins to release him, where he could pick the team of his choice and go to the highest bidder if he wishes.

Man you guys are harsh
Ok if you think he has got to go but after years of Cleo Lemons, etc... the guy was a warrior for 7 years with us and had some pretty good games with trash coaches and garbage OL's

Not much class in this thread so far IMO

I’d be surprised if we get more than a 5th round pick. We are going to attempt to trade - once again - from a position of weakness.

Man you guys are harsh
Ok if you think he has got to go but after years of Cleo Lemons, etc... the guy was a warrior for 7 years with us and had some pretty good games with trash coaches and garbage OL's

Not much class in this thread so far IMO
Cleo Lemon and those other QBs weren’t top 8 picks either. The standard for Tannehill with his draft pedigree shouldn’t have been just be better than Cleo lemon.

Cleo Lemon and those other QBs weren’t top 8 picks either. The standard for Tannehill with his draft pedigree shouldn’t have been just be better than Cleo lemon.

I could argue his top 8 pick pedigree was slammed out of him by some of the worst OL play ever witnessed also saying he had very few weapons in place making below average receivers look somewhat good

I just do not agree with trashing the guy who took a beating week in and week out for all those years

Somebody might still want him but I agree that we should only expect a mid round pick which is fine with me at this point.

Back
Top Bottom