Dolphins Explore If Lock Is Their Answer! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Explore If Lock Is Their Answer!

This is most likely academic cause Lock will be gone before our pick. I think there are things to like about Lock and things not to like. It seems most QB's this year are in this category. I want a QB as much as anyone but I don't want the team to reach for one in round one when you can get a very good player at a different position this year.

While I agree with this premise, I think getting g a qb that becomes very good is way more impactful than a DL that becomes very good.

I'm not opposed for Miami to go get a qb, not at all, but I'd rather them hope one falls and then draft him.

You skipped the very valid question, Jlfin

What question was that? The phins FO are the ones best suited to make the decision on their future QB.
They are accountable because if they choose poorly, they will be fired.
If you are referring to Rand and Dalrymple (his pen name), since someone felt the need to bring it up, we can discuss that too.

What question was that? The phins FO are the ones best suited to make the decision on their future QB.
They are accountable because if they choose poorly, they will be fired.
If you are referring to Rand and Dalrymple (his pen name), since someone felt the need to bring it up, we can discuss that too.

This one -

<< Weird response...why not say the same to those who want to draft him?>>

Maybe odd word choice + timing, but shows some pretty wild bias.

If it’s just a generalized comment, then why not expand that logic and simply shut down the forums because there’s no point in discussing anything since none of us here are paid (directly) by the Miami Dolphins

I had Lock on my, "If he slides list" last year.

I liked his frame and his arm, but was unsure of his head. We'll see if he continues to improve going forward.

Yes...I just didn’t understand the negativity of some draft evaluators...even on this site who thought he was a joke.

Haha I knew you’d be writing today Bluefin. Lock was your boy. Good first win for him (and helped push the Broncos further away as draft competition for the Dolphins).

One funny thing I noticed about Lock today: He doesn’t put on that fake gruff guy voice when he says “Readyyyyy set...” He just kinda says it in his normal voice, which is both bizarre and wonderful. Sounds like they just grabbed a team accountant or something and put him in there.

Yes...I just didn’t understand the negativity of some draft evaluators...even on this site who thought he was a joke.
Settle down it was one game, Everyone was high on Daniel Jones his 1st game as well until he got brought down back to earth.
It’s like everyone wants to be right, then come back with the “I told you so”.

Settle down it was one game, Everyone was high on Daniel Jones his 1st game as well until he got brought down back to earth.
It's almost as if a rookie QB's success can't really be assessed until the end of their rookie contract.

Kid still has that cannon, which should help open up Denver's offense a bit. Dunno how he'll do long term, but the ability to throw it deep helps

look... I understand it’s one game...but this site is for fans to discuss the Dolphins and things like prospects... when I expoused my interest in Drew Lock for the Miami Dolphins before the draft...I was laughed at by a certain “draft guru” on this site...I wish we would have drafted him and I’m betting on a good careerfor him.

look... I understand it’s one game...but this site is for fans to discuss the Dolphins and things like prospects... when I expoused my interest in Drew Lock for the Miami Dolphins before the draft...I was laughed at by a certain “draft guru” on this site...I wish we would have drafted him and I’m betting on a good careerfor him.
After that YPA...ok.

I mean he threw for a buck thrity-five 2 tds and an int against a floundering Chargers team. HE got out to an early lead and barely hung on for the win. I mean, I don't know if this is the game to say "I told you so". We are seeing a bunch of undrafted guys have success in their first few games...much more success then Lock had in his first outing. Hell David Blough had 280 a couple of TDs and an Int in his first outing.

After that YPA...ok.

I mean he threw for a buck thrity-five 2 tds and an int against a floundering Chargers team. HE got out to an early lead and barely hung on for the win. I mean, I don't know if this is the game to say "I told you so". We are seeing a bunch of undrafted guys have success in their first few games...much more success then Lock had in his first outing. Hell David Blough had 280 a couple of TDs and an Int in his first outing.

Yeah, 4.8 ypa isn't going to get it done very often.

Can't believe a Drew Lock thread with me posting, I guess I was taking my break from the forum at this point in time. I was very high on Lock last year, but constantly being told how dumb I was on here for thinking that. It's just one start and he wasn't able to sustain his fast start yesterday, so too early to be crying victory yet, but they do have something there they need to investigate. This is great for us because, it's another QB needy team, as long as he doesn't completely **** the bed in the last 4 games, I think the Broncos will defer taking a QB in 2020 and wait for Lawrence in 2021 if Lock isn't working out.

Back
Top Bottom