Dolphins Extend X Howard | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Extend X Howard

So what have you seen on film that shows that you he's going to regress when he's gotten better every year, and the NFL has started to take notice. They know how good he is, they claim that he's one of the best but yet yeah you know better and we're Homer's give me a f****** break, or substantiate your claim
Life is too short to spend your time trying to convince a person who wants to live in gloom and doom otherwise.

What makes you think he'll regress, he has done nothing but get better. Outside of staying on the field he has improved in every aspect. It can argued that he's the most technically sound db in the world mind you. Just curious what have you seen to even remotely think he's peaked, because I've seen nothing that points to that whatsoever. My opinion though take it for what it's worth

He just sniffs like a player who was playing for a contract, got his contract, and will now take his foot of the metaphorical gas.

I agree I don't think he'll live up to his contract but it was either this or let him play out his last year and walk. It would've been a **** show on the way out and tore apart the franchise. We've got the money, it's not going to kill us either way.

He just sniffs like a player who was playing for a contract, got his contract, and will now take his foot of the metaphorical gas.

I agree I don't think he'll live up to his contract but it was either this or let him play out his last year and walk. It would've been a **** show on the way out and tore apart the franchise. We've got the money, it's not going to kill us either way.

Based on that statement we never will pay our own draft picks when they come out of their rookie contracts. That would be stupid.

I could see regression in terms of ints. Cause that can be a fickle thing year to year and be about opportunity. But I doubt we see regression in terms of pure cover. Technique is too consistent to just fall off the table

I concur.

7 INTs is a lot and not something that should be the floor for him.

If he can stay healthy and motivated then the Dolphins locked up a top corner for the next 5 years. He's 25, not 28/29 and near the dreaded 30 year old cliff.

so many ****** homers around here they love everything we do....X is a great corner but he's peaked. also has knee issues. what happened to the patriot way? cant give this guy that much money. this contract will be a bust.

This is Grier telling you to check your "The Patriot Way" in at the door on the way in.

I like the kid and HOPE he can stay healthy as he has already missed 25% of his time in his brief career due to injury. I was on the fence on this one, hope it works out. No mistaken his talent WHEN on the field.

I understand how we as fans could be jaded, but I could not possibly disagree with this more. Is there any thought process behind this?

All he has done is get better, every single year, and put in the work. He's very good, hasn't shot his mouth off like a prima donna, and has given absolutely zero indication that he's a "me first" player.

Hell, the guy showed up to voluntary team workouts. He specifically stated he WASN'T going to hold out, and he moved forward in good faith with the team. There were even a couple journalists who suggested that was a bad idea.

To me, he seems a solid guy who earned what he got. And for what it's worth? He's still young enough to get another multi-year deal at the end of *this* contract. People will remember if he dogs it after getting this one.

Last edited:
so many ****** homers around here they love everything we do....X is a great corner but he's peaked. also has knee issues. what happened to the patriot way? cant give this guy that much money. this contract will be a bust.
Hate that word thrown around on a Fan site. You want us to be homers for the Jets?

Back
Top Bottom