Dolphins Extend X Howard | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Extend X Howard

Hate that word thrown around on a Fan site. You want us to be homers for the Jets?

Agreed. I've never liked that word. Your supposed to be optimistic about the team you root for. My logic is even if the team signs someone I don't like. I'm still going to root for the guy anyway. How does that make me a homer? He's on the freaking team. I want us to win games.

So much for having to overpay anyone.

PFT reporting his deal is about $13 million a year for 6 years.

Am I reading this right? This dude just saved the Dolphins about 3-4 million a year in what he’s worth. And that’s today, 3 years from now he will be grossly underpaid.

Wow, hopefully Laremy follows suit.

Can’t ask for more from X.

THANK you. There are people who are genuine journalists on this site; I can see the logic behind trying to be unbiased in those endeavors.

But every single time someone starts a "Whoa, let's settle down here! Here's some realism, homers! LET'S NOT BE TOO OPTIMISTIC" movement?

My gut reaction, every single time, is, "You're on a fan board, Nostradamus. How about you bake yourself a big ol' batch of shutthe****upcakes?"
Woah... Something got your panties in a wad? Lol

He just sniffs like a player who was playing for a contract, got his contract, and will now take his foot of the metaphorical gas.

I agree I don't think he'll live up to his contract but it was either this or let him play out his last year and walk. It would've been a **** show on the way out and tore apart the franchise. We've got the money, it's not going to kill us either way.

I don't agree that he seems like he will back off now that he has the big money - but it's definitely crossed my mind - still appreciate you actually providing some reasoning! Either way though, the level of play this guy has shown, still young, no locker room BS, seems like a good one to roll the dice on. He's single handedly kept us in games many a time already. I think he's a keeper.

Am I reading this right? This dude just saved the Dolphins about 3-4 million a year in what he’s worth. And that’s today, 3 years from now he will be grossly underpaid.

sounds like he should fire his agent

And this front office continues to impress me.

While it’s true that his five-year, $76.5 million extension has a new-money value of $15.3 million per year (which those who got the scoop breathlessly reported), the total value from signing of the six-year contract, when including the $1.285 million he was due to earn in 2019, stands at $77.785 million, an average of only $12.96 million per year.

With the cornerback franchise tag at $16 million for 2019 and certain to go up in 2020, Howard gave the team a steep discount and, more importantly, he committed to the Dolphins for six years. As the cap continues to go up and up and up, thanks to a looming CBA, looming TV deals, and looming gambling revenue (my limit for using “looming” is closing in), that deal will look worse and worse, sooner than later

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/10/xavien-howards-deal-not-quite-what-it-seems-to-be/

Worth every penny...only getting better too! Now need to find someone to cover the other side...mccain was a liability way too many times. Maybe tankersly develops...but i wouldnt mind bringing in some competition

He’s been a little injury prone to be paid the all time highest imo but when he’s on the field he is a difference maker. Overall I’m happy we locked him up

Which is exactly what I wanted. He gets money early and it’s guaranteed with no risk of injuries meanwhile team gets a deal.

So top LT money is 16 million offer Tunsil 12-13 per season including the next 2 years. Team saves money on future contracts and Tunsil gets the deal without risk of injury and earlier.

The opposite of this is Leveon Bell. He sat out to make 2 million more per season without thinking its going to take him 5 seasons just to make up the 10 million he lost by sitting out.

Head out of town for a couple days and come back to great news.

Maybe a good discussion is where does he rank with corners? Certainly top 5 and I think you have to separate those into press and zone. Imo Ramsey is the best press corner and Howard is the best zone corner

Back
Top Bottom