Dolphins Extend X Howard | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Extend X Howard

Nice!
After loosing Landry I couldn't loose my favorite player on the defensive side
now resing Tunsil

I think it's a win-win for both sides. If Xavian had played his final year of his rookie deal without a contract and got injured, he risked losing millions. In return for paying him now, the Dolphins eliminate his contract becoming a distraction this year and they get him for less money than a healthy X might get on the open market. Kudos to both sides for getting the deal done now.

Insane $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Wow!

I know. I know. it's the "market."

Forty-6 Million (!) GUARANTEED!

:eyepop:

So much for having to overpay anyone.

PFT reporting his deal is about $13 million a year for 6 years.

Am I reading this right? This dude just saved the Dolphins about 3-4 million a year in what he’s worth. And that’s today, 3 years from now he will be grossly underpaid.

Wow, hopefully Laremy follows suit.

Can’t ask for more from X.

Going to affirm here I am very happy with the FO pulling this off, and hope that X can stay healthy and hungry.

Price is right, player is right fit, and it's a great first step for Flores and staff to set tone.

I have no idea how contracts can and can't be structured but that Howard contract is exactly what I'd want. We have a bunch of money over the next 2 years that has to be spent on someone. Front load the hell out of that contract and if doesn't work out, you're almost in the clear after those 2 years. Perfect.

Insane $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Wow!

I know. I know. it's the "market."

Forty-6 Million (!) GUARANTEED!

:eyepop:

BNF, it's not just the market, it is the current football and entertainment environment, very similar to the current investment environment, 10 Million is a starting point, it goes up from there. If you think about how much Steve Ross is worth, or how much the Phins franchise is worth, X's contract is peanuts, the only thing that is restraining higher salaries is the Cap. Oh yea, not to mention GS profits.

The Everything Is Relative VIPER

PS As Mrs VIPER would say, 152,000.00 for a turbo Panamera? I could buy a vacation condo in Omega Bay Estates GCI for forty K more than that car.

Last edited:
I’m kinda surprised to hear that the highest paid corner in football history has “only” been $46 mil guaranteed

Back
Top Bottom