Dolphins face a difficult decision with future of WR Albert Wilson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins face a difficult decision with future of WR Albert Wilson

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
The best ability in football? Availability. If you’re physically unable to stay on the field of play, it’s pretty darn difficult for you to help your team win football games. And while the Miami Dolphins aren’t looking at winning very many football games this season anyway, it’s becoming more and more difficult to ignore the elephant in the room with wide receiver Albert Wilson.

Wilson missed yet another contest this past weekend after making a push to play throughout the week. And while Wilson will now get an extra week of rehab with Miami’s Week 5 bye, the Dolphins should consider their remaining 12 games as an audition for Wilson — he’ll be playing for his future with the team.

I think every player is on an audition basis this year. This is a preseason that will last 16 games. At least the guy is trying to get on the field but I have to wonder if once again(Tannehill) our medical staff made the wrong decision. Maybe he surgery was needed right when it happened?

As someone who has experience in the area, my confident take is this....

Whether he had surgery or not, Albert Wilson will never again be what he was/had the potential to be. It is an unfortunate truth and a crappy hand dealt to him.

Time to plan accordingly and move on.

Will have to see how he plays the remainder of the year. Will his lost step or hip rotation impact him to be an effective receiver? May need to add receiver to the growing list of draft picks next year.

They'll probably cut him in the offseason if he can pass a physical.

It was a 3 year deal but probably designed as only a 2 year deal due to that base salary not being guaranteed.

I like Wilson, seems like a team player and he has talent. But I move on from him at the end of the season unless he proves healthy the rest of the way. Don’t need him to take up a WR spot next year if again were waiting for him to recover. We need to start moving on from these players. I hope we’re also past drafting guys who are injured but justifying it because potential talent.

We need more WR help in these coming drafts, that's for sure.

Luckily this class is loaded.

I said in the off season this was a concern but most folks didn't see the problem. It's a shame because he was such a threat before he went down. I agree with Yessir, he get's cut unfortunately, the numbers dictate that. I would expect us to be big players in FA if anyone should shake free, along with drafting at least one, we need to give the new QB some weapons right now there is not much.

Back
Top Bottom