Dolphins face a difficult decision with future of WR Albert Wilson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins face a difficult decision with future of WR Albert Wilson

Sucks if he doesn't get back to 100%. If he can't, unfortunately we need to cut ties.
Let’s be real players never come back the same for Miami after injuries. That only works for New England...Brady, welker. Etc where they come back like spring chickens and never miss a beat after injuries.

Easy decision.

And we should absolutely draft TWO receivers. I'd like one with the Houston pick or top of the second round, and another in the 3rd or 4th.

Williams is the only keeper in this entire group, and that's assuming he can solve his issues with the drops.

It's a shame they gave Grant that stupid extension. Guy is strictly a return man.

Maybe Gase will offer a 6th for both Wilson and Grant?

The one thing I enjoyed about Gase was the package that he came up with for Grant and Wilson. It was fun watching all that speed!

Probably Gase finest hour. Sadly, you could cut and paste from Andy Reids playbook and see the same on a weekly basis. No surprise since that is where Wilson came from as a 4th or 5th option in Reids system.

WR in either of the first two rounds. Jeff Thomas (Miami) in the 5th round if he's there. Wilson and Grant can kick rocks.

Easy decision.

And we should absolutely draft TWO receivers. I'd like one with the Houston pick or top of the second round, and another in the 3rd or 4th.

Williams is the only keeper in this entire group, and that's assuming he can solve his issues with the drops.

It's a shame they gave Grant that stupid extension. Guy is strictly a return man.

I absolutely disagree. You do NOT draft skill position players with 2 of your top picks when you're just beginning your rebuild in the 2020 draft. You go QB - OL - DL alllllll the way. You can easily get two gigantic puzzle pieces in the Top 10 with Andrew Thomas and Tua. Why? BPA, based off what draft order Im seeing. You go after all of them hard. I have trouble accepting a WR pick, but if you are sitting there @ 22 with Houston pick and somehow CeeCee is still there... you take him. But that's a rare set of circumstances.

I agree with some of the other posters that say this is actually not a tough decision. If he's not healthy, you re-do the deal or cut him. I love what he can do if healthy. Hopefully his career gets back on track.

Gadget receiver at 10 mill, yeah Flores is just going to drool over that opportunity.

I absolutely disagree. You do NOT draft skill position players with 2 of your top picks when you're just beginning your rebuild in the 2020 draft. You go QB - OL - DL alllllll the way. You can easily get two gigantic puzzle pieces in the Top 10 with Andrew Thomas and Tua. Why? BPA, based off what draft order Im seeing. You go after all of them hard. I have trouble accepting a WR pick, but if you are sitting there @ 22 with Houston pick and somehow CeeCee is still there... you take him. But that's a rare set of circumstances.

Hmmmm. I know that's conventional wisdom but I think there are exceptions. For example, I doubt Dallas regrets drafting Michael Irvin #1 back in the day. I think you still have to evaluate just how great a player you think that guy is before just committing to the trenches. I think the way the 2020 draft looks right now though...you're probably right. At the end of the day, there's no way you want 2020 to open and Tua to not have five very good O-linemen in front of him.

From my point of view, Albert Wilson is a short-term player. It has nothing to do with his ability, so I'll explain why I see it this way. Facts:
1. We extended Jakeem Grant.
2. The Patriots have shown that they will not pay big money for their small receivers, regardless of production.
3. The Patriots rarely have more than 2 smaller guys (usually 1 slot WR and 1 RB) as primary receivers.
4. All three of the QB's being considered (Tua, Herbert, Fromm) are used to throwing to big receivers with larger catching radius allowing the QB's to be less accurate and still make the completions.
5. Josh Rosen has had his best success with the larger WR's like DaVante Parker and Preston Williams.
6. Wilson present big play potential and flexibility, so he's a viable player in the short term.
7. As he ages, his speed and durability will become less effective.
8. We have higher valued needs than WR right now, but eventually, we will want to pair our young QB with a good young WR or two.

So when I see Albert Wilson, I don't really see a trial period. I see a guy who holds solid short-term value if he can stay healthy, but probably by 2021 will be replaced. I like Albert Wilson, and hope he can get and stay healthy to prove his value to the Dolphins and the rest of the league.

Wilson is a baller. Rest up this year buddy , and come back 100% next year. Easy decision. A keeper

Wilson contract expires after next year, he won't be here for the turnaround. Cut him lose.

Having a hip injury is going to be hard to come back at 100% like he was previous to the injury. We may have to cut our losses and move on.

Back
Top Bottom