Dolphins face a difficult decision with future of WR Albert Wilson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins face a difficult decision with future of WR Albert Wilson

It is heart breaking but he has to realize that he will never be the same again and that a re-injury could have an even bigger impact on his life.
I'd put him on IR this year, keep him next year and make him part of the WR coaching staff. He can teach players a thing or two about catching passes.

Wondering what our WR corps look like next year?

- P Williams
- Parker is under contract I think / is he a lock to be kept?
- Grant due to extension - I still like the player even though his head has been in his ass all season so far. A speed guy who can make big plays as a 4th or 5th WR + specials.
- Wilson - does he bounce back from injury?That hip thing is scary IMO.
- Ford- will he develop?
- Rookies - how many do we draft and in what rounds? Do we really go after a guy w one of our 1st rounders? I admit that gives me pause since we will take a QB and I think we need edge rush help and T or C.
- Am i forgetting anyone?

bye Felicia. Sucks his career is going to end on an injury but I have no attachment to players on this team, especially one that's played what, 5 games here?

The only likeable story right now is Preston Williams. I hope players that I like, like Drake, escape the way Minkah did and go on to have actual careers.

I like Wilson and hope we can restructure his deal, maybe sign a 1 year extension to make 10 mil over the next 2 seasons or something.

Kinda like a prove-you're-healthy deal

If'n he gets healthy (reliably?) I'd keep him over Grant... Grant has been very disappointing. In a good way I guess.

The only likeable story right now is Preston Williams. I hope players that I like, like Drake, escape the way Minkah did and go on to have actual careers.

I want players on the team that want to build the Miami Dolphins to be contenders for the future, have "actual careers" for a winning franchise for a decade. The attitude that an actual career is making a one year run is antiquated. Find yourself another team that believes as you do.

I have nothing to back it up, just my thoughts, but I'm thinking Wilson is one of the guys that doesn't want to be here for this rebuild. Yes, he had a bad injury, but I don't think it's the injury keeping him off the field.

Shame you can’t turn his contract into a 5-6. But alas, injury god has never been kind to Miami

The wide receivers as a group have been very disappointing. I was hoping Wilson and Grant would thrive in this offense but that hasn't happened yet. Parker has been decent, with a couple of big plays and Williams might be a keeper if he can hold onto more footballs.

Perhaps Miami should target Amari Cooper in free agency. He's still relatively young and obviously talented. The Dolphins will have to overspend, but they have the money to do it.

Any news if Albert Wilson will play Sunday? Hoping he gets back into the game soon and is healthy enough to be on the field more than a few snaps.

Probably best to move and revamp the WR position next year. Williams is part of the future. Parker is, for atleast one more year. Grant is a piece, but not a top guy. Need at least 2 new guys to add into the group

If you can't stay healthy it's unfortunately an easily decision. I like Wilson and think he's a great fit, but durability is an obvious concern. Let's see if he can find the field this season and play well.

Back
Top Bottom