Dolphins Facing Interesting Decisions On Two Veteran Receivers. The Potential Fallout | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Facing Interesting Decisions On Two Veteran Receivers. The Potential Fallout

Are we discussing the same guy that has been littering our depth chart the last few years?

Can't be...
Physical attributes does not equal talent.

Parker has not lived up to expectations, as a #1 pick, but he's not horrible. He may, or may not be a better fit in a different offense.

The biggest issue with him, IMO, is his propensity for injury. That, in itself is reason to move on.

It doesn't matter if you only pay a fraction of what he's due, if he only plays in 6 games a year.

Does anyone here really believe that guys like amendola and parker actually have trade value? I think some of you are reaching to be honest.

Does anyone here really believe that guys like amendola and parker actually have trade value? I think some of you are reaching to be honest.
How could Parker possibly have any trade value? Maybe two years ago, but not now.

You are right though, a lot of things ppl come up with have no basis in reality.

We don't want that. Parker is still young. Clearly he didn't meet expectations as a #1 and "the next AJ Green" but he has showed he belongs in the league and will only improve.
Parker clearly had talent, that is obvious. For me, it ended up being about his health. When he could stay healthy for a stretch of time he was fulfilling his promise and looked like a very good WR. But he never even put together a single healthy season, and as he ages those injuries are going to really pile up. The talent is there. But new coaches nuke the roster and start over, they're all about throwing the baby out with the bath water. I can't see any way that Flores keeps a guy with Parker's injury history.

I wish him the best, and I gotta say I like the person, but the player just wasn't consistently healthy enough to re-sign for a new head coach.

I think we will see changes moving forward as Mike T was fired for a reason. A big one being the stupid contracts he was handing out like candy.

The Patriots signed Amendola to a fairly conservative contract when he was 27 years old. He got a $6M signing bonus and that was his biggest year of earnings at $8M. His one and only year to make that sort of money. After that he was making around 2.2M per year. So what does Tannenabum do? Signs a 32 year old WR at $6m per year. No one else was offering him that kind of money.....for a reason.

Even if you eliminate the year he missed 15 games, he has still only averaged 515 yards and 2 TD's per year. That's worth $6M? Get a WR coach that's worth a darn and you don't need to pay a $6M mentor. You can get a lot more for less on the FA market, IMO. There are a dozen players who are younger, with a better history of production in the 2019 FA class.

“As I said, I think that we’re going in a direction of building something and looking to build an organization that can be sustainable in winning, not just signing a few free agents that are older with a few draft choices and think you’re going to be a contender.”
- Stephen Ross

Market watch: Viewing Amendola as purely slot receiver, a player like the Dallas Cowboys wideout Cole Beasley could be in the conversation as a comparable player. Beasley signed a four-year, $13.6 million deal in 2015. Beasley is going to be 29 in April, so the age factor means it isn't an apples-to-apples situation with the 32-year-old Amendola. But with Amendola likely looking at a one-year deal, a pact that could total $3.4 million in maximum value (which is the per-year average of Beasley's deal) wouldn't be out of line with the current market. There really isn't another pure 30-year-old slot receiver in the NFL, in a similar system to the Patriots, that helps shape a clear-cut market for Amendola (49.9 percent of the offensive snaps in 2017). Washington's Jamison Crowder, who enters the final year of his rookie deal in 2018, is another shifty slot receiver (66 catches last season) and he's due to make $1.9 million in base salary this season. That number figures to grow in his second NFL contract.
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...deal-can-danny-amendola-expect-in-free-agency

Talent? Really? Just out of curiosity, to whom do you refer?

I like Grant as a returner / spot receiver, but he's too small.

Wilson us a bit bigger, but nor much.

See what the Chiefs are doing with a bunch of little guys?

Wilson looked great as an all purpose type that could line up all over the field and constantly be in motion. I think every coordinator wants someone like him and fits right into that Pats model of hunting down and targeting the mismatch.

Physical attributes does not equal talent.

Parker has not lived up to expectations, as a #1 pick, but he's not horrible. He may, or may not be a better fit in a different offense.

The biggest issue with him, IMO, is his propensity for injury. That, in itself is reason to move on.

It doesn't matter if you only pay a fraction of what he's due, if he only plays in 6 games a year.

Ones biggest ability, is availability.

Also Parker has been such a disappointment, how anyone could advocate keeping him is just nuts at this point.

See what the Chiefs are doing with a bunch of little guys?

Wilson looked great as an all purpose type that could line up all over the field and constantly be in motion. I think every coordinator wants someone like him and fits right into that Pats model of hunting down and targeting the mismatch.

Albert Wilson was the 5th option in KC, he was a JAG.

It says something that his first stint as starter and increased snaps, he lasted 7 games. He isn't Tyreek Hill or a Kareem Hunt, but Miami has been so starved for a playmaker, people will see his limited resume and project things he has never been able to do.

Bunch of little guys? Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce and Chris Conley are all 6ft plus.

Even when he was available, if he was anything less than 100% his play was affected

I was not a fan of the pick or the FH hype that ensued. And his pro resume has realized my concerns.

If their are ever questions about ones ability to self motivate, you should stay away. Learning to eat like a pro should have been another red flag.

Ones biggest ability, is availability.

Also Parker has been such a disappointment, how anyone could advocate keeping him is just nuts at this point.
I suppose if the price were right, you might consider keeping him, if Flores thought he could do something with him, but it's probably best for both parties, especially DP, that they part company.

Parker clearly had talent, that is obvious. For me, it ended up being about his health. When he could stay healthy for a stretch of time he was fulfilling his promise and looked like a very good WR. But he never even put together a single healthy season, and as he ages those injuries are going to really pile up. The talent is there. But new coaches nuke the roster and start over, they're all about throwing the baby out with the bath water. I can't see any way that Flores keeps a guy with Parker's injury history.

I wish him the best, and I gotta say I like the person, but the player just wasn't consistently healthy enough to re-sign for a new head coach.

I don't want him back either, the discussion was about him playing for the Jets.

Wilson (if recovered and sturdy?) is the type of kid that can thrive in Cheats styled O IMO.

Let's just all agree Parker is certified excrement & seriously doubt he's worth a used piece of

chewing gum. Just cut his crap ASAP and in the process make a basic statement.

I think the other tot

is a keeper (contingent on his wheels) and can be used to drive the opposing D bonkers

with little rubs etc. designed to give him a pocket or air (luft) to work in and get the pig

downfieldfast! Amendola is a pro but with all the Belicheat pheromones we're importing

I don't see him as a viable "influencer" and that means its straight up roster spot comp.

Too much $$$ = you're outta My Yammie!

Last -- just want to underscore the LOS and let's not be afraid of being PHYSICALLY

dominant where it really matters!

>>> looking forward to the moves and directions we take in the coming weeks/months <<<

Back
Top Bottom