Dolphins Fire Ol Coach Pat Flaherty; Dave Deguglielmo Promoted | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Fire Ol Coach Pat Flaherty; Dave Deguglielmo Promoted

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. I applaud Flores for having the balls to admit he ****ed up. I’m happy he made the move, and I’m happy DeGuglielmo is the new o-line coach. I wish he just hired DeGuglielmo (a guy he worked with before) to begin with, and saved himself the trouble. The Dolphins being the team firing a coach four practices in will probably be met with the typical ‘lol Dolphins gonna Dolphin’ reactions in the media, based on reputation. These were my core points.

Well to ALL the fans always saying "It's just practice".. Well now you know that practice can get players benched, cut, traded and even get coaches fired. Sometimes your favorite player isn't in the starting lineup, there is a perfectly good explanation for it.

Two consecutive days in pads and the OL shows poorly … I was disappointed. But, I never expected this!

I'll reserve judgement until I see what the OL does this year, and how/if it improves as the year progresses. I love the Patriots philosophy for drafting and utilizing OL, so if we can find the right coach, we'll finally have an effective OL.

Still … I'd like to learn more about what really happened. I feel like we're not getting the whole story.

The issues were not all on Flaherty from what I'm told as they had to correct a lot of issues from Washburn, but sounds like the communication wasnt great and the OL just wasnt reacting to Flaherty
Thanks @ChambersWI . Appreciate the insight.

Refreshing....

It took 2 nationally televised embarrassments for Sparano to fire the DC and STC.

Philbin was threatened with his own job when he refused to fire his butt buddy Sherman.

Gase got rid of players instead of Matt Burke

Flores it seems is not sentimental when it comes to putting the best product out there. Actually Dave D is an upgrade.. I continue to appreciate what I see out of Flores so far.
Well said and I agree 100%. Our past regimes settled for mediocre performances from their coordinators, better now than at the end of the season. Kudos to Flores for having the conviction to fix an issue immediately. I like the no-nonsense approach. Get it done now or get to steppin! Things are looking up in Phinsville...

You could look at this a few ways.

1. Flores isn’t messing around and holding people accountable.

Or

2. Flores bumbled one of this first hires and is now desperately trying to correct his mistake.

I think it’s a mix of both. Not good firing coaches less than a week in, especially one you just hired for the job.
Better than realizing it halfway through the season and sticking with him...

Here's our new coaching organizational chart. This is the second set of changes I've had to make in 2019:

View attachment 22413
That's actually pretty good!

The chart is kinda small though. At first glance I thought some of those names were Marcus Allen, Harrison Ford, Jerry Seinfeld, Jerry Maguire, Rob Konrad, and a few others that just didn't make any sense. Then I double-clicked it and enlarged it … and it made a lot more sense. Thanks @Ray R !

Maybe Flores called him in because he didn't like what was said in the interview about the o-line not getting any push etc. Maybe they sat down and both men realized that they needed to go separate ways. Maybe the players had trouble relating to Flaherty and therefore were not learning correctly. Flores is all over every aspect of the team and was quick to find out something was wrong and just as fast to fix it. He is decisive and that's a great trait in a HC!

Absolute hatred of Flores?! I loved the Flores hire. I’ve supported him from day one. I still support him. It was a minor criticism that you and the Bills fan have now gone ahead and blown up into some ****ing huge thing. Absolute hatred of Flores, get the **** outta here with that noise. I’m firmly on Team Flores. This post actually pisses me the **** off.
Dude, have a drink and relax, you're gonna blow a gasket...

He might’ve been getting outworked by degugliemo or whatever the heck his name is, could be he was lagging behind him in gaining the players respect as well.

Dude, have a drink and relax, you're gonna blow a gasket...
I’ve calmed down lol. I was just pissed because everyone was misinterpreting what I was trying to say (and as a huge Flores supporter, I thought p4e was being unfair by calling me a Flores hater, which I have never been, even one iota). Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough either, so that’s why I clarified what I was ultimately getting at in my last post. It’s all good.

Back
Top Bottom