Dolphins Fire Ol Coach Pat Flaherty; Dave Deguglielmo Promoted | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Fire Ol Coach Pat Flaherty; Dave Deguglielmo Promoted

Armando is such a tool sometimes. It is NOT a failure, it is NOT a huge failure and the sky is NOT falling. There was a better guy in house for the job and he's now got it. Man, the insane drama over this is crazy. Flo changed his mind, Flaherty wasn't working out and he was shown the door. Better now before the guy screws up our o-line!! Flo wasn't having it. That man is all over it and I like it a lot. We just had a coach that didn't even watch the defense during games! Now we have the opposite.

I don’t know that there’s literally anything more critical than a coach hiring his staff. That’s the foundational piece to everything. Acting as if hiring his staff is a nothing burger is just not functioning in the real world.

If you’re an assistant gunning for two jobs, one in Miami and the other someplace else, this may give you pause about the stability of the Miami job. Maybe you take another job because you’d be worried about the head guy in Miami swapping you out after four practices. It does not give an impression of stability.

This isn't after four practices, these coaches have been working together since March/April (maybe before), they have had OTA's, Rookie Camp, mini camp and other team functions as well has dozens and dozens of meetings. This was not a hasty decision and he was proactive in making sure he had a replacement already on staff (it has been mentioned that Deguglielmo was hired because there were some concerns with Flatherty early on with his communication).

Armando is such a tool sometimes. It is NOT a failure, it is NOT a huge failure and the sky is NOT falling. There was a better guy in house for the job and he's now got it. Man, the insane drama over this is crazy. Flo changed his mind, Flaherty wasn't working out and he was shown the door. Better now before the guy screws up our o-line!! Flo wasn't having it. That man is all over it and I like it a lot. We just had a coach that didn't even watch the defense during games! Now we have the opposite.
If only Armando's boss would deliver such a failure...

I don’t know that there’s literally anything more critical than a coach hiring his staff. That’s the foundational piece to everything. Acting as if hiring his staff is a nothing burger is just not functioning in the real world.

If you’re an assistant gunning for two jobs, one in Miami and the other someplace else, this may give you pause about the stability of the Miami job. Maybe you take another job because you’d be worried about the head guy in Miami swapping you out after four practices. It does not give an impression of stability.

Sean McDermott hasn’t proven a damn thing either, so putting him up as some bastion of superior coaching is purely laugh track material. It’s like the boy who cried wolf. You’ve come on here for years and years crowing about some latest thing you’re optimistic about, and it ends with you disappearing into the night, only to regroup months later with some reversal on the next different thing to point to. Just last off season you were overjoyed when you thought the Bills were drafting Josh Rosen. Now you’ve apparently flipped and remade yourself into the guy happy with the erratic guy with the twitter feed full of racially charged divisiveness.

In the end, no one is saying Flores was a bad hire yet. This is the kind of dysfunction, though, that will be on a list of red flags/problems if he isn’t up to the job which will be determined by the bottom line, not how the sausage is made.

How is it dysfunctional not hiring DD initially even though he want available to be hired.

Additionally where did I say McD is a coach To model but to say he hasn’t done anything is laughable. Playoffs first year as HC in a year people said they were tanking ending a 17 year Drought.

It has been mentioned by CK and his crew on their podcast and it's a good point. The move is a very Patriot esque move. Something isnt working dont force it. They do it with players and a lot and did it with Schiano

It's pretty interesting how a few posters here have continuously
spun the "dysfunction" thread... Kinda get the impression they are
just waiting on the sideline for ANY crumbs of "negativity" to
feast on to underscore their personal bias appetite...

For me, I don't see how you can be supposedly supporting the
new staff (specifically, Flores) and at the same time go nuke on
dysfunctionality just because Flores made a change at OL coach
especially when the "replacement" was already on the staff!

I think it's smart to have resources which allow you to make
corrections and/or adjustments in order to produce the
desired product. In any other endeavor this would be
affirmed positively for having solutions in place -- and
options available in the event they are needed.

To the contrary of some dissenting opinions, I think
this process shows a high level of functionality...

I hope we can move on now...

:)

Usually stupidity is linked to IMPATIENCE...

not patience ;)

It can be linked to both. Sometimes coaches need to cut their losses and move on from a guy. We should be further along in our search for a franchise QB.

I've been the boss for 30 years, Flores did exactly what a good boss does. If the right candidate isn't there, you give someone a shot. If they aren't up to it, for whatever reason, you let thm go. You don't let it fester, you don't let it become a problem. You move on and get on with the show.

DD wasn’t available so people still want to say it shows Dysfunction?

I have to apologize then- I was one who said Flores should’ve just hired DeGuglielmo to begin with. I didn’t realize he was still under contract with Indy when we hired Flaherty.

Back
Top Bottom