Dolphins First Round Picks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins First Round Picks

Jaj said:
I didn't want Brees actually, althought I wouldn't of minded him. I was praying for Deuce McAllister to drop to us but the Saints of all teams picked him. **** them..
That was me also. For months I couldn't believe Deuce would slip as far as some estimated he would. But when it got past maybe #15 I started to get realistic hopes. The one team I wasn't concerned with was the Saints, until ESPN started whispering they would take him. Then when we traded for Ricky I wanted Deuce instead. The only thing the Saints have been smart about in the past decade or so, and of course we were the victims. Twice.

Naw, here is the worst run...

1984 NFL Draft:

14 Miami Dolphins Jackie Shipp LB Oklahoma (aquired via trade with Buffalo

1985 NFL Draft:

27 Miami Dolphins Lorenzo Hampton RB Florida

1986 NFL Draft:

(25 traded to Tampa for Hugh Green)

1987 NFL Draft:

16 Miami Dolphins5 John Bosa DE Boston College (aquired in trade with Minnesota, who received Miami's #14 pick)

1988 NFL Draft:

16 Miami Dolphins Eric Kumerow DE Ohio State

1989 NFL Draft:

9 Miami Dolphins Sammie Smith RB Florida State
25 Miami Dolphins Louis Oliver DB Florida (aquired via trade with Chicago)

With the exception of trading for Hugh Green and lucking into Louis Oliver, this was the worst span I remember for the 'Phins. It was not a pretty picture when the results started coming in - we just have faster coverage and more widespread viewing of the draft. If two or three of those would have really hit, then Marino probably would have his ring.

Back
Top Bottom